Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow poodlers :)
I am considering cutting Lacey into a Palm Springs (short body with fluffy bracelets, ears, top knot, and tail). She gets hot during training and play time. What do you think?
Also, if you give your dog a palm springs, what blade do you like on the body? Lacey tans up nicely.
If not the palm springs, what other cooler trim would you suggest? She is currently in a continental.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, and I was considering putting Vegas into a continental to cool him down! Are you going to show Lacey anymore? If not, I'd say go for it!
Since Lacey got spayed, she can only be shown in junior handling. I've just kept her in her continental (not full show hair) because I like it. For juniors, she can be in any trim.
What blade do you think on her body? Or would you just go with a shorter jacket on the conti?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
personally i love the look of a shorter jacket in a conti.... I think it's quite smashing. But the miami is growing on me.

It would be less work to go to a shorter Conti would it not? rather then having to do some grow out on the legs for the miami. . . I would think the shorter conti would be cooler then a miami as well

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Miami and the Palm Springs are the same clip, also called the clown clip. If Lacey gets a Miami, the body will be very short, most likely #7. The grow out would come in the fall as I would put her back in a continental pattern or puppy clip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts