Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often are you changing your blades? I have had mine just a couple months and am considering ordering a third one. Grant it I did do some big jobs with cutting Suri and Olie short from fairly long hair a couple times. Maybe I am not doing this right, cleaning the blade better in between, putting too little or too much oil. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PC - My average life of the blade is not that great...but I am taking pretty good care of them so we will see....

·
Registered
518 Posts
you might need to get them sharpened. I've had good luck with Murphys Sharpening in Winston-Salem google for the addy, etc. Not many places can sharpen them.
also do not use on dirty or wet coat. especailly feet. will take the edge right off them.

I will be going to Atlanta for a grooming show next weekend, will see if I can find anything new there , or on sale :)))

Gloria

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
You can get the blades right off of Laube website but it might take forever to get them. So far I haven't had to change the blade on mine and it works really well. I don't really use them for anything other than puppy FFT so that might be why. I've done a little body work with them but not much.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get the blades right off of Laube website but it might take forever to get them. So far I haven't had to change the blade on mine and it works really well. I don't really use them for anything other than puppy FFT so that might be why. I've done a little body work with them but not much.
I ordered my last one from amazon, it didn't take long at all.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I probably need to order a new one soon so I won't be caught needing one when I don't have one. So far mine has been a trooper.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probably need to order a new one soon so I won't be caught needing one when I don't have one. So far mine has been a trooper.
I would and I would try to find it on amazon or ebay first. Save some $$$

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had my Speed Feed for about a year, and never replaced or sharpened the blade. Although it was definitely due, it became a moot point when I dropped them on the floor and they quit working (oops). I promptly ordered a new set, but I'm fully expecting this blade set to last that long again.

I only use my laubes on clean dry coats, but I use them for fftt on every dog I groom (average 23 a week) and sometimes for the full dog-- highly recommended for a smooth finish on Yorkie pet clips! I brush the hair out with a toothbrush and oil them at the end of each day and occasionally in between if they start to gum up with hair.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
It is excellent for just about anything really. I used it with a comb attachment on Mia and it works really well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts