Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've had small poodles my entire life. I've never shown or bred, I just love this intelligent, elegant, and loving breed. I moved to the South a few years ago and now that I am in a position to adopt a little girl poodle puppy, I'm finding it very difficult to identify reputable breeders that are within a day's drive of Georgia. (Due to the pandemic, I do not want to have to fly to pick up my new family member.)

Several breeders were recommended to me through a poodle club but the response rate to my calls has been extremely low. Where I can find an email address, I'm getting a slightly better rate of reply but still low. I started searching the internet by state but have come across breeders that I doubt are doing genetic testing and just sound a little sketchy.

The most important thing to me is a healthy dog. I've had a poodle with heart disease and poodles that required very expensive cataract surgery. I know there are no guarantees of health but I would really appreciate any ideas that you might have as to how I can find a responsible breeder of toy poodles in the Southeast.

Many thanks!

Registered
Hi and Welcome!
Until some other members drop by with personal recommendations, here's a link to a Breeders List. Review the health resources towards the top, the Poodle Club listings for breeder referrals (web search "Poodle Club of _" for your area) , the multi state links to breeders in the middle, and listings by state below those. Don't be concerned if the websites aren't updated. That's not unusual.

Quality, conscientious breeders have a waitlist in the best of times and most now are well into 2021.

Premium Member
I was going to recommend Rose and Poos great work on compiling a list of good breeders by area. See now that she has pointed you in the right direction. Anyways welcome and I hope that you will find just the right poodle for you.

Registered
Tintlet in Franklin, North Carolina was on my short list when I was puppy hunting. I think someone said that her daughter has taken over the Standards and Gloria is doing Miniatures.I know they show in conformation and some performance sports and do health testing.They only have a few litters per year.

Registered
I contacted Leslie Newing at Poodle Club of America for recommendations. She is the East of the Mississippi breeder referral contact. She was very helpful and well connected鈥攕he knows when there are litters. I may be bringing home a mini in 2 weeks from a breeder she recommended. 馃

1 - 5 of 5 Posts