Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy is doing over 10 poops a day,shes done so many in a day iv counted them!!!:scared:
is this normal??shes 6 months old im only feeding her one tin of good food a day with mixer??And she gets fresh drinking water down all the time???

·
Registered
183 Posts
10 is a lot for even a pup

Star is five months and fed twice a day (kibble) and goes about four times in a 24 hour time frame.

It might be the food you are giving?

I really don't know!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shes on butchers it has no addatives in this is why i chose it she has half tin in the monring the other half in the afternoon,she doesnt have the runs they are normally formed poops just goes a lot

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
How big are the poops? It would be considered abnormal for one of my dogs. We have four month old puppy who is only poo'ing three times a day at most. He gets food in the morning and evening but he has enough in the morning for him to have lunch, if that makes sense. He goes in the morning after being fed, he goes in his litter box once during the day, and he goes in the evening after being fed... ? I wouldn't know what to do with 10 poo's a day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are of a normal size nothink abnormal except how many times she goes,im taking her for loads of walks

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am not familiar with the tinned dog food your feeding but here in Australia pretty much all dog food in a tin (I hesitate to say all cause there may be one or two I am not familiar with) by and large is rubbbish, mostly water, very little nutitional value and is so soft the dog does not have time to digest it before it comes out the other end. It is like feeding junk food to people at every meal.

I find dogs which hare fed tinned food do toilet more often and it always stinks more than a dog fed raw. I very rarely feed it, only in an emergency if I have nothing else left. It may be worth taking the dog off the tinned food and seeing what results you get.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would be looking at the food. We feed Casey Natures Variety and Mandy gets Orijen and I am picking up 4 at most 5 loads a day so each twice Casey sometimes more.
Yuck to scoop that much is like she is getting nothing from the food at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am not familiar with the tinned dog food your feeding but here in Australia pretty much all dog food in a tin (I hesitate to say all cause there may be one or two I am not familiar with) by and large is rubbbish, mostly water, very little nutitional value and is so soft the dog does not have time to digest it before it comes out the other end. It is like feeding junk food to people at every meal.

I find dogs which hare fed tinned food do toilet more often and it always stinks more than a dog fed raw. I very rarely feed it, only in an emergency if I have nothing else left. It may be worth taking the dog off the tinned food and seeing what results you get.
i agree with everything blue fox has said ... my babe is very prone to kidney stones and my vet told me to feed him the tinned food. all he did was poop about as many times your baby does a day. i took him off the wet food and the excessive pooping stopped.

you should start to wean your babe off the tinned food and just give her the kibble. if she's not too fond of the kibble you should change it. my babe now eats nutrish from rachel ray and loves it (along with her treats).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts