Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't that just so encouraging? ^^ I like to think that she would protect me if I became kitty food.

This is Precious, when we adopted her she was pre-named and we were told she was a boxer, but I'm pretty sure she's a boxer pitbull mix. She turns four this fall. :)

I hope I did this attaching thing right...

cougwarn1.jpg cougwarn2.jpg precwalk2.jpg precwalk3.jpg

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Aww she is precious, I love bull dogs! Wow, I don't know if I would have even been brave enough to walk through there-dog or not! LOL!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Fluffyspoos. Noticed that you live in Northern Utah, do you mind me asking what part? We lived in Snowville, Utah, about 7 mi. from the Idaho border in in 1991 and 1992. We are now in Central California.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think one's been spotted in years, MM, which is why I go there.. but only during the day!

And Fuz, I live in Layon, about 20 minutes north of SLC. I know exactly where Snowville is, my dad and I go through it and get gas at a station there on our way to our hunting spot. It's gorgeous up there, I just love the sagebush desert that surrounds it, and I've never seen a more beautiful September sunrise than in that area.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I guess that you must be fueling up at the Flying J truck stop, which unless there has been other changes there is more then likely the only gas station there. There use to be another truck stop there which was directly across the street from where Flying J is at. In fact it was there before the Flying J was built, but it burned down I believe in about 1995?

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
How far from the "city" was this walk?

Most mountain lion attacks here are within city limits on bike, or hiking trails... the lions have no place to get regular food so they result in eating house pets, and even people. Up where I live in the woods mountain lions are super rare, and if you catch them they are normally running away. Lots of deer to eat up here :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's kinda in the city? I live at the foot of the mountain, so there's small valleys all over, this jogging track is in a valley with houses on the top of each of the sides and a couple busy highways around that.

Here, I'll just take a picture from google earth, that'll be easier to understand. It's a lot bigger than it looks, but there's houses all over, a high way, then the mountains.

hiking.jpg

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have been seeing program after program lately talking about Mountain Lion and Cougar attacks on people. Its happeneing on these well known public trails just outside of city. Those cats attacking to kill.

Please be careful...I dont think even a tuff bully breed dog can stop a hungry wild cat from attacking. Its scary!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts