Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enzo has decided he wants to eat cat poo !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is so nasty and disgusting !!!! I never had this problem with any of my former dogs which where all girls..... He is a Male and is our first male dog so .... lol silly boys are nasty !

We washed his mouth out and gave him some tape worm medicine ! I don't even want to touch him after he does it even when tho we wash his mouth out ! He goes on our balcony when we are not looking and comes back in licking his chops .... just typing about it makes me sick !!!

We corrected him for the second time , I hope he stops trying to eat the cat poo for good!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would try that BUT the thing is its my cats litter box he goes after .... I do not want my cats not pooping in the litter box if I spray the bitter apple stuff in the litter box. I guarantee that they will not like the bitter apple on there litter and start to poop and pee in my apt :banghead:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I would try that BUT the thing is its my cats litter box he goes after .... I do not want my cats not pooping in the litter box if I spray the bitter apple stuff in the litter box. I guarantee that they will not like the bitter apple on there litter and start to poop and pee in my apt :banghead:
Well I would give it a chance before you just diss the advice.
Who knows, it may not bother your kitties and Enzo may stop
eating kitty doo! :tongue:

Just give it a chance and if it doesn't work...it doesn't work and
you can try something different. ;)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I would give it a chance before you just diss the advice.
Who knows, it may not bother your kitties and Enzo may stop
eating kitty doo! :tongue:

Just give it a chance and if it doesn't work...it doesn't work and
you can try something different. ;)
I am not really dissing the advice , I just know that my cats are picky with there litter if something is just in the way of the box they will , not use it also if the smell of the litter is not right they wont use it.

I been breeding my american bobtails for over 7years I think I know my own cats better than the puppy lol sorry if it sounds like I am dissing the advice but I am not.

I will just have to correct him from going on the balcony much easier than having 5 cats $hit in my apt IMO :rainbow:

I also was just sharing my disgust with it , not really looking for advice. I know there are many products out there to use even hot sauce lol

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I am not really dissing the advice , I just know that my cats are picky with there litter if something is just in the way of the box they will , not use it also if the smell of the litter is not right they wont use it.

I been breeding my american bobtails for over 7years I think I know my own cats better than the puppy lol sorry if it sounds like I am dissing the advice but I am not.

I will just have to correct him from going on the balcony much easier than having 10 cats $hit in my IMO :rainbow:
Don't worry it wasn't an attack or anything, m'dear! :)

I found this article, maybe it will help?
http://www.ehow.com/how_4424311_stop-dog-from-eating-cat.html

Good Luck, such a pretty boy like Enzo don't need to be eating
that, lol!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Luck, such a pretty boy like Enzo don't need to be eating
that, lol!
that is what I said to my sister !!!! lol I told him you are a poodle with pride and should not be eating cat poo

·
Registered
16 Posts
IMHO... Your dude is eating the poo for the taste of the catfood that's in it... I don't know how that might help you correct the problem, but I do believe that's his motivation... Some dogs (including) my Pixie are ga-ga for cat & fish food because of the fishy oils/flavors in it... GOOD luck! =)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Ummm, Kitty Krunchies... yummm *gags* My dog's do this as well.
My solution to the problem is to put a baby gate across the room that the litter box is in so that the cats have access and the dog's don't. When we lived in out appartment we have a litter box up high on the wire shelf in the laundry room. The dog's couldn't get to the box but the cats could. We don't have that option in our house though so Hubby is playing around with cat tree plans. He's trying to come up with something where he can build a cat tree that aside from being a playtoy will have a shelf for the litter box and maybe higher up a place for food dishes. We will see.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't spray the entire box, just the poop up close so it does not mist everywhere or take a poop out of the box lay it close to it, spray and then let him check it out.
I will try that , see what happens. Enzo is not allowed on our balcony its strictly for the cats. I have to just make sure we watch him better. I don't want him falling off balcony . My cats have already multiple times lol but they are always ok , i doubt Enzo will be ok if he fell 3 stories

·
Registered
207 Posts
seems like I saw something at the pet store that you can feed your cat and it makes the poo taste bad to the dog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts