Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we brought our pup home, our children did not enjoy playing with her as she jumped on them, ripped their clothes, and grabbed their hands and arms. We've been working on this and we're happy to say she's getting better and better with them. She's 5 months old now- here are some pics of her - her name is Cleo. In the first picture is Cleo in her favorite resting spot - under the sofa. Also pictured is our oldest daughter Abby, who's six. She's blowing bubbles and Cleo's trying to catch them. The sofa picture is Abby, Cleo, and Video - one of our cats. Cleo's dripping wet from playing with Abby in the kiddie pool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I know what you mean how some standards are really rambunctious and ornery. I just groomed ANOTHER one of my puppies that I sold. He is 5 months and he is totally obedience trained. The owner is a special education elementary school teacher. She must have a special way about her. This pup is such a gentleman already. He is UNUSUALLY well behaved. Your girl looks like an angel, and it sounds like she's getting there. Please dont ever give up....I have 7 dogs and there have been fleeting moments where I think I am nuts, then I snap back and I realize I couldn't be without ALL of them. Some just take more time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just so happy to see improvement - she was never vicious or aggressive, it seems to me that it's more excitement. It's like she's so excited and eager to play but has to learn how to do it politely. She is a very active/athletic dog - I don't know if all spoos are like that. She is a great retriever, too. Like I said, I'm happy to see progress!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
so glad its going good. Pups with kids under six is HARD. My son was 5 last year when we gotour aussie pup and he took long time to getcomfortable withher- this year at six he's much better with bella

And i gotta say- Bella 'herds' and nips at legs more then ANY aussie i've ever rised- whaz with these spoo's *L*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts