Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are a late christmas present from Hubby, he got them two days after christmas for me.
They are crayfish, or crawfish if you're in the south.

They don't have names yet, still thinking. I know I want to call the red one craimer lol. Before hubby and I got married I had one of these guys, he was free, (just like these two were), when we purchased ghost shrimp for our tropical tank. Hubby loves ghost shrimp. Anyway poor "Craw-daddy" didn't survive the move to our appartment :( and I have been wanting another one for a year now. We can tell that one of them is red but can't tell about the color on the other one. The fish guy at the petstore spotted him in the tank and said, "hey there's another one! he looks like he's gonna be a blue one, you want that one too?" Yup, load us up brother. :) Can't wait till they get bigger and bolder and come out in the tank more so I can get better photo's of them.
Cute huh? LoL
Hubby also got me three new mollies, two white female, and one leopard looking balloon belly male.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
M.M. My Hubbie thought your pic was just halarious. He said thats what he thinks of when a person says Crawdads, or if not that for fish bait at the least. Sivaro, your pic and comment very funny too. Both of you two have great sense of humors.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dang they do look tasty LOL. You guys are just too funny :rofl: Hide them quick WP before they end up on someone's plate! Do they get very big? Our crayfish over here are good eating size when they get to about 1 1/2 kilos. Think these guys kinda look more like a cross between what we call yabbies and a prawn!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actualy they are yabbies to you I beleive. Sometimes here in the states they are called lobsters in the petshops, but it;s only for marketing. "Blue lobsters" which are really an albino crayfish are sold for like 30 bucks, we're really hoping that ours survive and the one turns blue, that would be cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts