Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
That pic of Rosie and Charlie cracked me up. I'm getting definite "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??" vibes from them.

Congratulations on your beautiful new additions. Can't wait to see photos of them as they grow up!
Absolutely spot on! I would add from Rosie and Charlie "Human, are you INSANE!" We are retirees and our single Spoo pup ran us ragged the first year! However, they are beautiful and you will enjoy them so much

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely spot on! I would add from Rosie and Charlie "Human, are you INSANE!" We are retirees and our single Spoo pup ran us ragged the first year! However, they are beautiful and you will enjoy them so much

We must be insane! They’re proving to be quite the exercise program for all of us! LOL!

·
Premium Member
9,243 Posts
Wow! Congratulations on those puppies! You are going to be busy, as are your senior dogs:) Keep us updated on the sisters’ progress.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far, the new kids are doing great at night, sleeping through from 11 until 7. We’ve only had one pee accident in the pen, though numerous accidents on the hardwood. They get out every hour and a half or so or when they need it. We had one pooping incident because I didn’t keep them outside long enough, but that only happened once in a week. We have an acre and a half, so 3 to 5 times a day, we make multiple circuits around the yard. It isn’t fenced, so they’ve been on leashes since we discovered how fast they are. Yesterday we tried tennis ball fetch with them both on long leashes. About 30 minutes of that and we were all tired out. This morning we worked on sitting and next we’re going out for another long walk/play in the yard. They’re going to get these two old ladies into shape yet.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
All your pets are adorable. The puppies jave such expressive faces, very sweet. You’ve got your work cut out with all those pets.

I don’t know if you read this post... Help! We brought home littermates! These new members also adopted two puppies and there’s good information about avoiding problems when you bring two puppies home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All your pets are adorable. The puppies jave such expressive faces, very sweet. You’ve got your work cut out with all those pets.

I don’t know if you read this post... Help! We brought home littermates! These new members also adopted two puppies and there’s good information about avoiding problems when you bring two puppies home.
Thanks so much! They are a handful, but it’s working out pretty well so far. They’re doing really well on the leash and the older dogs are thawing out a little. The thread you mentioned has some great advice that has helped. If they get too rowdy, Rosie chills them out. We also do “lessons” where they don’t get a treat unless the settle and do what they’re asked. They’re sitting really well and have learned “down” and do it right about 80% of the time. The lessons are a great way to reel them in a little when they get out of hand. They seem to compete on who listen’s to Mom first. 😀

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I have to credit my Spoo with my fitness. There’s no choice but to keep up with them with training and exercise. Why get a Peloton when you can have a poodle:)
That is so funny....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have to credit my Spoo with my fitness. There’s no choice but to keep up with them with training and exercise. Why get a Peloton when you can have a poodle:)
I retired and got a Spoo pup. He is the best fitness buddy! Even though there is more than 3.5 feet of snow on the ground, a big active Poodle needs several hours of exercise a day, so on with the boots , parka and snowshoes! Very glad that the temperature has risen this week. LAst call for poop at 11 pm at the Bracing temperature of -22 degrees çelcius all of last week was a bit tough. We don't have a fenced yard and he takes his time with poop

1 - 19 of 19 Posts