Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our first title!!! (+ Rally photos)

Well this weekend was a big triple Rally show, held a few hours away from us but me and Jak decided to travel down together and go for it; it was the first EVER advanced class being held in NZ (Jak and two others are the first to have ever gotten their Novice Rally titles, so were the only ones eligible!) so was a big weekend all around.

Paris already has one of the three qualifying certificates needed to get her RN title. The Qualifying scores have to be at least 90 (out of 100) and our first one was 92. This weekend we got 2nd place on a score of 97, third place on another score of 97, and fifth place on a score of 96. Which means we got all our required scores (and an extra) to now have our proper Rally Novice title! WOOOT! I know it's not really a big deal, but Paris is the first dog I've trained to compete, and the first title I've ever gotten on a dog!! I'm just so chuffed! hehe.

We got loads of photos (around 270 after I weeded out the blurry/bad ones...) and I narrowed it down to about 40. They are all on my photobucket album linky if you want to see them all, but I'll post a selection of them here too...

Paris heeling:

a bit of 'Paris flair' on coming behind me back to heel position:

Jak & Saffy doing the first ever jump in a rally class in NZ:

Jak winning the advanced class (!!!)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a "down your dog & walk around it" station:

Saffy heeling

and between classes.... Saffy bounced:

and snoozed:

Check out the link for more photos. Also note that of the 9 classes that were held over the weekend (Novice A, Novice B, and Advanced, all x3), 6 of classes were won by poodles! GO POODLES!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It was a great weekend, and the weather came through for us, hence our sunburn lol

Go Paris! or as she is more formally known

Ravissant Lieber Lutetia RN

Now Saffy and I only need one more qualifying certificate for our Rally Advance Title

And then soon onto excellent !

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Wow!! Congratulations everyone! :) Lucy and I attended our first ever rally beginners class last Thursday, so your stories and pictures give us LOTS to look forward to! Great job!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Flyingduster...I wanted to tell you how much I love the photos you posted on here. Great action shots, and the dogs look like they are truly enjoying themselves and wanting to please their people.Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Awesome photos and way to go everyone!

It looks like a great time was had by all..congrats!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congratulations on your first (I expect) of many more to come titles!! I think it's wonderful and share your excitement! Rebel and I are going to obedience classes and each week I can see improvement which makes me so happy and proud! Thanks for the link to your other photos--will go check them out now.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Woohoo!! Congratulations to you both! :) Sounds like it was a wonderful experience for all of you.
Thanks for sharing the photos, they're great! I love the one of Jak and Saffy going over the jump.... too cute!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just watched a slideshow of your linked photos. Fantastic! Looks like it was a great day to be out competing and having fun.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts