Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've been frequenting this forum for several weeks, gleaning every bit of knowledge I could soak up in prep for our new Spoo puppy, whom we were finally able to bring home on Friday! We surprised our 11 and 9 year old kids.

What is a post without a picture?! Meet Dixie. She's 8 weeks old, and is very mild and sweet (at least for now). She didn't even cry her first night away from her litter mates and mother. She's learned "sit" and "down" in less than 5 days! I know it's not fair to compare dog breeds, but my shih tzu is dumber than a box of rocks as far as training goes, in the most lovable way possible. I am just so impressed and excited to have her as part of our family.

Looking forward to future exchanges with you, fellow poodle lovers.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Oh, no, she's just so adorable - I want one - I mean I have one but this makes me want to get another puppy. Look how she's sitting - cuteness overload.

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Welcome to PF and congratulations on a super cutie! Your kids are at the perfect ages for this girl, and she’s going to be in all of the family photos until they’re off to college or careers:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, no, she's just so adorable - I want one - I mean I have one but this makes me want to get another puppy. Look how she's sitting - cuteness overload.
I know, I just love watching how she plops herself down when she sits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to PF and congratulations on a super cutie! Your kids are at the perfect ages for this girl, and she’s going to be in all of the family photos until they’re off to college or careers:)
Thank you! It's been so nice having the kids old enough and invested to help with a puppy. We have a 5 year old shih tzu, but they don't remember all the little details about raising and training a dog. It's been fun watching the kids interact with Dixie, taking responsibility, etc. Hopefully she has a long, healthy, fun life and I'd love to have her into our kids reaching adulthood and beyond.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
What a adorable puppy and what great parents to have! Your children must be thrilled. Welcome aboard Dixie & family!

·
Premium Member
4,114 Posts
Dixie has that wonderful expressive eyes - Will be fun to watch her grow. Enjoy puppyhood.

·
Registered
22 Posts
She is beautiful! We are awaiting our first spoo as well-- she'll be coming home a week before Halloween-- and my kids (10 and 7) are very, very eager to meet our pup.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts