Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that wasn't still on the bird (I have chickens, & did I mention Pearl has a pretty fine prey drive? A rare bird will fly over the fence & get mauled, if I don't retrieve it before she paws & plucks it to death- she has a wonderfully soft mouth for retrieving, which does not make for the most merciful ending).

I wondered if Pearl would eat the drumsticks, after having heard "LEAVE IT!" from me so many times about the darned poultry, she has not chased them in awhile, even when she had the opportunity (poodles learn 'leave it! remarkably quickly when the treat is boneless fried chicken, I've found).

I shouldn't have doubted her- she looked like a lion on the veldt- Alf, too (but he took a lot longer, lol. Good Pearl not to steal his, since she was done long before he was).

Bella, our senior lady of distinction, looked insulted & turned aside, so I gave her a Beggin' Strip (sigh) & took her out in the front to porch sit so she'd get over it.

I'm glad to know my youngsters are up for it, though! Part goodish kibble (grainfree), part raw. I can't wait to start hunting for weird bits at the International market.

Their nutrition is v important to me (as w/ my kids, who have a soda about as infrequently as dogs get Beggin' Strips).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
"(as w/ my kids, who have a soda about as infrequently as dogs get Beggin' Strips). "

Was laughing at this one since I never did let my kids have ANY soda LMAO.

Now that they are big- they abhor it : ))) ! I feel so good about that LOL

·
Registered
875 Posts
"(as w/ my kids, who have a soda about as infrequently as dogs get Beggin' Strips). "

Was laughing at this one since I never did let my kids have ANY soda LMAO.

Now that they are big- they abhor it : ))) ! I feel so good about that LOL
I was allowed soda very rarely, but now I drink at least 3-4 cans a day :(

Congrats on the puppers taking to their chicken!
Mine don't have an issue with raw things, cooked things, packing peanuts, small children, they will eat anything I swear!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep, wish someone could say congrats to mine for eating anything. They would eat a horse and come back for the rider, you know I'm convinced Willow was a safecracker in an earlier life. I caught her with her hind legs on the table and front legs on a nearby bench eating a two pound block of cheese. I have lost more roast dinners, cooked and uncooked than I care to remember .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts