Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We took advantage of a day without rain and had some fun with out spoos. We did some portraits in a parking lot with nice flowers then took them to the pond for some fun.

Billy loves to ride

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Pink Tongue Club!

Grace & Taffy play get the can

Taffy watches fishermen go by at sunset....notice the ear flipped over the top of her head...LOL And I thought this was going to be a great shot..Kids never co-operate when there is a camera around!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well....I don't know if I could use the work 'ususally'..they are good off-leash sometimes and sometimes not so we have to be very attentive in a public place if we are going to do something like the portrait thing in a parking lot. Billy has a tendency not to listen to me if he decides something else is more interesting. He's sooooo poodle!! LOL

Dianne and I were together and she handled the dogs and got their attention while I took the shots.

Thanks for the compliments all.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
gorgeous shots! love the pink tongues! Looks like a fun-filled day! What a beautiful place! That last shot is breathtaking!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Here's a shot of just Billy & Grace. We decided to take a pic of just the two of them together since they are brother and sister.

We and the dogs had a great time. Yeah, Billy tends to get more distracted off leash but he doesn't go far, just goes to see what he is interested in..lol... normally other people, which he loves, and other dogs, which he loves. In fact, there isn't anything Billy doesn't love to shower his wagging tail on...lol. Grace fits her name, she normally comes the first time I call and she loves to follow her "mom" everywhere. The pups, well, they are still pups, but they listen extremely well for being youngsters.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
A few more pics...

Grace playing "kick the can"... lol... I HATE to see trash in the water/on the ground, but Grace saw this can floating and couldn't figure out what it was so she kept slapping at it while stretching our so as not to get to close to it in case it bit her. It was rather funny.
[/IMG]

Grace looking at the stick floating in the water... I love this shot!!
[/IMG]

Grace retrieving a stick from the water. She is the only one so far that loves to be in the water!
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Well, time to go home after a fun filled afternoon. All dogs settled and accounted for in the car. :) And, yeah, my seat has a blanket on it for such occasions.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wow, what a great group of poodles you have! Lovely portraits. I am very impressed with the off-leash, too. I hope to get there someday. I was just thinking how my kids act crazier when they are together instead of one at a time, I cannot imagine getting 4 dogs to behave at once!

So I read that once they get wet you have to either bathe them right away, or dry them (dry in lake water?!), what did you do in this situation? I'm a new poodle owner. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love the photo of Billy and Grace. Mirror image.

Doesn't it feel great when you know your dogs have had a good day. Bet they slept really well that night!

How old is Taffy? She looks like she might be just a little younger than mine. Lorelei is almost 8 months now.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, what a great group of poodles you have! Lovely portraits. I am very impressed with the off-leash, too. I hope to get there someday. I was just thinking how my kids act crazier when they are together instead of one at a time, I cannot imagine getting 4 dogs to behave at once!

So I read that once they get wet you have to either bathe them right away, or dry them (dry in lake water?!), what did you do in this situation? I'm a new poodle owner. :)
Hi there.....thank you. We're impressed with off-leash with them too. They go horseback rising with us and have learned to stay near or within site of us.

The spoos are show dogs so they are bathed and groomed once a week....we have had non-stop rain here in Vermont for two months. It was impossible to dry them every time they went outside. And you should have seen the mud they go into nearly everytime!! CRY! Since they are done every week and I use leave in conditioner, I wasn't worried about it. They have to be combed out a couple of times in between. I always use Mane and Tail detangler so that I am not brushing a dry coat. They smell so nice most of the time. Lately it smells like a swamp around here the minute you open the door to go outside....disgusting!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love the photo of Billy and Grace. Mirror image.

Doesn't it feel great when you know your dogs have had a good day. Bet they slept really well that night!

How old is Taffy? She looks like she might be just a little younger than mine. Lorelei is almost 8 months now.
Thank you...we were very excited at how the photo of Billy & Grace came out.

Oh, yes...they slept very well.

Taffy is 5 1/2 months and will be showing by September.

·
Registered
843 Posts
They are simply gorgeous and it looks like they had so much fun.
You must have had fun cleaning them up afterwards.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts