Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all out there - I'm new to this site but just wanted to ask for advice about my miniature poodle Lulu.

She is a rescue dog who RSPCA said was eight or nine years old when we adopted her almost six years age. She has a mammary tumour and questionable other 'lumps' which the vets say can be removed surgically but she has a heart murmour too. After much discussion and upset we have decided not to go ahead with surgery - we feel she is too old and it wouldn't be fair or advantageous to her but we don't want her to suffer at all. She's fine right now, eats well and goes for walks and plays with her toys so she must feel O.K. Do any of you have experience of mammary tumours in poodles? Do you think we have made the right decision? We love our little Lulu so much - it's an awful time for us. Any words from anyone out there would be much appreciated. Thank You.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't have any experience with this, but it does sound as though you've made a good decision based on the information that is available to you. Seems like your best bet is to continue to enjoy your time with your gal -- sounds like she's enjoying her time with you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you are doing the right thing too. I do not believe in taking extraordinary measures to extend the life of an older dog. Enjoy your time with her while she feels great and you will have wonderful memories when she is gone and she will have less suffering, not memories of surgeries and pain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our Elderly Lady Lulu

Thank you for your kind replies. Lulu is still eating, walking and playing but she has a cough which we are treating with antibiotics. We are giving her cuddles galore as always. Will keep you posted and thanks again for replying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts