Poodle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sorry for the oversized pictures...tried to re-size...always could before (in paint) and now it won't work. It sure screws up the whole look because you can't see the picture in it's entirety all at once. Photo bucket use to do it automatically. grrr)

Here is our "dog park." We haven't been down to the beach, which is 3 miles away for quite a while so we went yesterday...thought I'd share. We hardly ever go to the town's dog park. While it's not a bad dog park, I'm just not that big of a fan. My dogs aren't that into other dogs. Maurice especially prefers people which we see all the time anyhow. He just goes up to the people for attention. Matisse is mildly interested. So for our brand of dog parks, this is one of them. Hiking adventures in the mountains near by is another.

I do let the dogs off leash but they must stay within about 15 ft of me, so they're trained not to run ahead too far, back and forth to check in automatically. It's too scary with eagles nesting up in the trees above the bluff. Mostly they're on their leashes, but they get a few little bursts. And when I'm looking for agates, they have to go slowly, which they don't love unless they find something of interest.

Wha? You see an eagle? I don't see an eagle. Why do we have to stay so close to you?

We like to walk along the drift wood, sniff under it and pee on it.

And we have our own crabs that we can roll in & try a taste when Mom's not looking. And we don't have to share because there's hardly ever anyone much around.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem... the forum automatically resizes them now.

All are properly visible.
Reeeeelly? Mine don't look right. They take up so much of the page that the words don't even show up in one frame for me. Is it just mine that it won't show right? Thanks CB.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful dog park! What a treasure.

Maybe the photo size displayed depends on the device? That happens on my iPad but not the PC I'm currently using -- all pics fit just fine.
Hehe, it's not really a dog park. I just said that because it is to us. lol. It's just one of several beaches around here. But it's a very nice one for sure.

Thanks for the info. It's just that it didn't do this before. I guess to you all looking, it looks right. But to me, it takes up the whole page so that I have to use that scroll bar on the bottom to slide everything right or left in order to read or see everything. I have loaded lots of pictures in the past and never had that happen. Oh well....Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Wow! What a great place for a walk! I used love collecting odd shaped pieces of driftwood to display in my garden! Nothing like that in southern Calif so trips 'up the coast' were always fun!

Reactions: Poodlebeguiled

·
Premium Member
7,478 Posts
Beautiful!

And fyi, my laptop which I kept in Windows 8.1 shows the pics in size "the better to see you with" lol. On my Win 10 tablet, everything is normal and has the tag "this image has been resized..." fwtw.

There's a few members photos that I run across this effect.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos. I am quite sure I too would enjoy walking along the beach. I grew up only two blocks from a beach, which in those days were pretty desolate. Everyone someone posts pictures like this it brings fond memories back to mind.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad it brought back good memories Mufar. That must have been so nice to grow up so close to a beach. Fun childhood. I'm thankful to live as close as I do to this one and some other neat recreational kind of places. And the dogs love it too. Walking on those rocks makes them strong and coordinated.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes indeed, a beautiful spot!
My girls would go right in the water and proceed to get as dirty as possible, and of course have a blast doing it. Do your pups enjoy the water?
I find the girls are much better protected when other dogs are not around. There's a park in town where lots of folks run their dogs off leash and Princess has been attacked a couple times, so I just try to take them to more private spots. Hard to find most times, but if I take them early or real late in the day there are a few spots that they can enjoy.
Belle is a gentle little sweetheart, but Princess seems to think she is the alpha which can lead to problems. I don't want her to try and intimidate other folks dogs, I know I wouldn't like it.
Thanks for sharing the great pic's!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes indeed, a beautiful spot!
My girls would go right in the water and proceed to get as dirty as possible, and of course have a blast doing it. Do your pups enjoy the water?
I find the girls are much better protected when other dogs are not around. There's a park in town where lots of folks run their dogs off leash and Princess has been attacked a couple times, so I just try to take them to more private spots. Hard to find most times, but if I take them early or real late in the day there are a few spots that they can enjoy.
Belle is a gentle little sweetheart, but Princess seems to think she is the alpha which can lead to problems. I don't want her to try and intimidate other folks dogs, I know I wouldn't like it.
Thanks for sharing the great pic's!
Thanks jcris...that's fun for your girls to play in water. My boys do not go in the water...never really worked on it, so they go to the water's edge but stay out which is fine with me. I had a lab a while back who would head straight for any body of water and absolutely loved it. Then if it was some pond or gross water, I'd have to bathe her when we got home. But not these guys.

That's terrible how your Princess got attacked twice! That's just scary and can make for some long lasting fear. I'm so sorry. It's interesting. I have been to our local dog park which is very nice on several occasions. And in the small dog area I've never once seen a small dog become aggressive. So they're always sweet it seems. So far. But still...well, some dogs love playing with others and mine do if it's a dog that they see regularly but at a dog park...all those random dogs don't really do much for these two. They're all very busy it seems. Some are fetching balls or running around. Matisse maybe a little teensy bit interested but wee Maurice just goes up to people sitting on the benches and puts his little feet up on their legs to be picked up. lol. And of course, he gets loads of attention. He's terribly cute.:angel: Matisse has begun playing with a dog we might meet on a leash walk....if we stop to talk. He has done that a little.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.