Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Dianne and I said goodbye to our beautiful mother as she passed gently from this world into eternal happiness. What a blessing to be there as she suddenly woke from her deep slumber just before she left us and gazed at our eyes trying to tell us about her journey. We know that she saw someone because she turned her gaze toward the ceiling and was moving her mouth in conversation even though she could no longer speak.

We are heartbroken at our loss but are joyful for her new life. We have spent the past four years caring for her weekly and she was an integral part of our lives. She will be sorely missed but will be fondly remembered for her grace, gentleness, strength, and her humor.

She has appeared here on the forum in some of our images and we just wanted to share her leaving with those of you who may remember our posts about her and our poodles.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Please accept my sincere condolences ..I lost my Mother in 2004 she too pased away quietly in her sleep and I was fortunate enough to be there with her as well. I will aways miss her.
Your mom was beautiful !

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. While I have lost close and dear family members before, I can not begin to imagine how you feel. She looks and sounds like she was an amazing woman, and raised some wonderful kids. Thank you for sharing her with us.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Spoospirit, So sorry to hear of your Moms passing. I can tell by all of the posts that you have shared with us that your Mom was a beautiful lady, both inside and out. I know that you and your sister will miss her terribly, but always know that she knew that you were there with her, loving her until the end of her time here and to see her off on her journey to her eternal new life. It is also very obviuous to me as it is with the others on this forum that your Mother raised two beautiful daughters that she loved as much as you loved her. R.I.P. Beautiful Mom

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Spoospirit I am sorry about your lost :(

Thank you for sharing pictures of her , she looked so happy to be with all of you.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your beautiful remarks and prayers. We so appreciate the stories that you have shared of your own experiences.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My heartfelt prayers are with you and your family. The tender sweet moments will last a lifetime, may we see all our loved ones over rainbow bridge.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Blessings to you and your family. My mom is getting to an age where I think more and more about what it will be like without her. She and my dad raised us kids with deep faith, though and we know that paradise awaits us! Keeping you in my prayers!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
My sympathies go out to you and your family at this time. Nothing compares to the loss of one`s Mother, regardless of how old you are. Memories are what helps the healing begin, so enjoy the sweet, precious memories and hold them close to your heart. Your family will be in my prayers

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Thank you all for you kind thoughts and wishes.

Yes, Deb and I have said multiple times during this last week knowing that we were going to lose our dearest mother, that your mom is always your mom no matter how old you are. And when loosing your mom you feel like the child again and your whole being wants to say "Mom, pleas don't go", even as your mind reminds you that this is for her, this is her moment, not ours. This is the best thing for her, a release from the awful confines of Alzheimer's. But you want her to stay, to see her brightened eyes when we walk into the home to take her out, see her sweet smile and hear her say "here's my family". Hear her laugh that wonderful youthful giggle she had and laugh at her 'one liners' of humor that was always her style, even if during the last few months those did not go with what we were saying at the time. It did not matter, it did not make any difference to us if she said something that was not dealing with what we were saying, all that mattered is that she laughed, she enjoyed our company and the company of "her" poodles. For, it was because of her that we got the first poodle and our love of poodles began. It was because of her that we have the sweetest, most intuitive breed I have ever owned.

Us "kids", even though we are older we are still her "kids" (we have one other sister and two brothers), will always cherish the joys our mom, or I should say now, both our parents, gave us and have long ago forgiven any rough edges that had marred our lives with them. We are all human and we all have good and bad times/moments, the bad ones are forgivable and easy to toss aside once forgiven, the good ones will stay with us and brighten our hearts when we feel the sadness of the loss of our parents.

Our sister, Becky, who is 10 years my junior (and I was he baby of the family at the time), wrote a short page of thoughts on "what is the most important thing we can have". And her answer was "TIME", it is not something we can take back, it is not something we can rebuild, it is not something we can stop or move or do over. Do we choose to spend our time with family and friends, working on relationships, laughing and enjoying those around us? Time is not forgiving, we either use it wisely or we don't, but we don't get to start it over. We can't spend it like money, a commodity in which we can make more then spend more. What Becky wrote was so beautiful and so true. Be aware that time is your friend and your enemy, remember to tell your loved ones you love them, remember to spend time with them in a joyful way, remember to build memories, for when the loved one is gone the memories hold your soul together with them like glue.

We are so, so saddened for ourselves that Mom had to leave us, but so, so happy for her and so, so grateful for the many, many joyful memories that we can talk about, laugh about and cry about together.

I know that not everyone on this forum is of the same faith, but I will wish you all God's Blessings and thank you all for any and all of your wonderful thoughts and condolences.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
(((hugs))) to you both, it is very hard to lose a loved one. She looked like she really enjoyed herself from the photos you posted. Sending prayers your way.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It's inspiring to have such a wonderful example. You both obviously cared for her a great deal. She was loved and shared your company to the very end. How beautiful that she got to caress the gaze of your eyes before moving on.

It's pretty neat that you witnessed her transition to her new home to join lots of loved ones that have passed before her. What a glorious and wondrous home God has given her!

Thank you for sharing your faith and how it gives you strength and peace of mind knowing she has begun her new life in her forever home.

God Bless our Mothers!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Thank you ALL!

She was laid to rest today. Her service was so beautiful. Our mom was in the church choir since I was a child and got us involved in it and we have been ever since. My younger sister belongs to the church the service was held in, she is the choir director of their choir of which our mother was a part of till shortly after entering the nursing home. So, my sister's choir members sang at it, Deb and I belong to the church in our town and belong to the choir there, and our choir director and some members came to the service and the whole church was full of harmonizing songs! It was beautiful. I think we lifted the rafters off the church...lol... our mother, we are sure, was up there watching and was very happy and proud.

We are at peace inside now. The deep grief of the days before her death and the day of her death have been replaced by a quiet inner sense of peace and the confidence that she is happy and whole again. I am sure there will be moments that will come and overwhelm us but I am also sure that we will have more moments of enjoyable remembrances of a wonderful, sweet, loving mother that everyone who met her couldn't help but love!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the kind words, for all the condolences. I can tell you, they helped as we strove to accept what we knew was a good thing for our mom but hard for us. If you ever wonder if things you say make any difference, I can tell you, that we read all your replies, and replies from other places, and each one was a balm that helped us to step forward into acceptance. It does make a difference. So thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Spoospirit-My sincere condolences to you and your family. I lost my mother 3 years ago last month. She had Alzheimer's for approx. 8 years so we lost her gradually. But in the end, she contracted lung cancer (never smoked) and died within a month of her diagnosis. It does leave a hole in your life and you are very fortunate to have had her as a loving integral part of your family until the end.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts