Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An unbelievable opportunity came to my sister and I and we took it. I was in the process of looking around for a possible male stud for Grace for this coming fall. I figured it would be best to begin looking as it may take some time to find one compatible to what we are looking for and would be available to us for stud. I called a lady who is friends with the lady we got Billy, Grace and Chantel from. This lady lives in Canada.

She did not have a stud but she said she had a male puppy for sale, a show quality one, and told me about the father of this pup. I was more than pleasantly surprised by both the mother and the father and it was an opportunity that we could not say no to. So, Strider has come home to live with us!

His father is Am. Can. Ch. ParrisHill Just Call Me Jeremy and his mother is Am. Can. Ch.Whisperwinds Sweetest Thing. He just turned 5 months old yesterday (the day we brought him home). He is a silver and looks like he may be a plantinum silver, but time will tell. Billy, Grace and Chantel have some of the same Champions in their background, so this is so great!

So, here is Strider, he is extremely sweet natured!!!

We drove to Canada to get him. This is him at the breeder's home. She is 70 and wanted to get him to the groomer for a fresh bath and f/f/t but had to get his rabies the day before we came up for going over the US/Canada border.

Asking politely for a cookie treat....

Very gently taking his treat....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trip home... a LONG one!!!

sleeping with head on arm rest. :)

Our first potty break... wow.. all this NEW stuff!!

Sleeping on the back seat

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now for a bit of washing, fluffing and only a tad of trimming... ok, so we didn't do the back feet yet...lol. Didn't seem fair to over stress him on his first days here. Oh, yeah.... the lady brings her pups and dogs to a groomer now and when she brought him and his sister (who she is keeping) in, she told them not to touch their top knots and the groomer clipped them!!!!!! Arrrghhh. So, some growing will be in order.. darn!

This boy is LOVELY!!!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
yes....his groomer did groom high between the eye!!

I am going to show him. He lives with Dianne, but will be coming to my house for doggie day care and training for the breed ring. Can't tell you how excited we are about this.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Wow! I can see why you snatched him. He is stunning. It will be so much fun to see him change color. He has such a sweet expression and demeanor.

What did the rest of the gang think of him? Was he used to all of that attention?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
We came to my house first so that we could bathe and groom him. He was introduced to Taffy first then Billy and then finally my Golden Retriever, Brandy. He was great with them got excited after a bit and was running around with his tail up looking to play. Brandy was the only one that made a little low growl with barely a lip lift. She was letting him know her position in the pack and he accepted it without a bat of an eyelash. Everything was fine and everyone happy.

He is used to a lot of attention. He was still with his litter mate that was kept by the breeder and she has other dogs as well.

Dianne will have to tell you about his meeting with her part of the pack.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for the nice replies. We are so pleased and excited for this opportunity. This is not an opportunity that comes by normally so it was a hectic week of making all arrangements, leaving early Thurs. morning to drive to Canada, meeting him and his mom and sister and lovely owner....staying over at her house, then leaving yesterday for the long ride home. We got home last night at 10:30 pm. But, boy is he worth it all!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I can see why you snatched him. He is stunning. It will be so much fun to see him change color. He has such a sweet expression and demeanor.

What did the rest of the gang think of him? Was he used to all of that attention?
Yep, had a lot of finagling to do to snatch this guy! I had to work all day, make calls and arrangements, get my birth cert to cross the border.. it was a week that flew by...lol.

Every one of the other poodles love him. He was greeted by all with wagging tails and lots of sniffing, then it was bouncing front feet and "come on, let's play" attitudes. He slept all night without a peep and is housebroken so actually goes to my door when he wants to go out!! He traveled home like a trouper! He was a bit nervous at first, for the first couple hours of the trip, but at each pit stop when we took him out he got more comfortable and content. Luckily, we were able to spend a few hours with him at his house to bond with him before we took him and he has bonded with Deb and I completely. He is my little shadow in the house...lol!

Deb is beyond excited about taking him into the show ring...lol!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Awww...it's so exciting! Thanks for posting the photos. Love the head tilt! I can't get over how platinum his face looks.

Since I have only had one dog at a time, I have no clue how to introduce another dog to the pack or how you would know what the other dogs think. Thanks for sharing. It lets me live vicariously through you. It will be fun to see pictures of the pack now.

His Mom and Dad are absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not trying to overwhelm with pics, but here are a few outside today between the rain/sleet storms.

Well, first, a pic of Deb and I holding him at the breeder's home just before we left.

He took to my home like a duck to water!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and a few more

"hey, what's under that white stuff?" (can you tell by Chantel's legs that she was running and playing in the mud puddles? she LOVES water)

Ohhh, Mom called me!! Here I come MOM!

Strider watching Grace and Chantel romping in the snow.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts