5K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  jester's mom 
#1 ·
What is your second favorite dog breed?

I'm going to have to go with the Siberian Husky, I love
wolves and they somewhat resemble them, lost of energy,
big working dogs, love em'!

What's yours? :tongue:

#6 ·
I like mainly bully breeds and working breeds some Terriers. I was into GSD and Rotties for years then moved on to pit bulls and amstaffs. And now poodles :D only standards tho I really don't care for small dogs. Don't get me wrong I will own small dogs but after I get my big dog fix lol

Right now I been reading up on South african Boerboels , central asian dogs, and caucasian mountain dog. I really would like one once I get into a home with acres.

#9 ·
maltese.

My other dog is one and they are the sweetest, most snuggly dogs in all the world!
I kinda have to agree with that. I don't currently own a poodle, but I love the breed. I do have a Maltese now. I adore him and will definately own another in the future. I also have a Rottweiler and he never fail to amaze me. He is so focused and intelligent. I love so many breeds it would be hard to list them. I'm a big fan of most of the toy group, at least the fuzzy ones, lol. I also love a lot of the working group and terrier group and.... You get the idea.

#12 ·
I don't know if I have a second favorite..... I won't go so far as to even call poodles my favorite breed in the firts place. I guess I have have breeds that I like and would personaly own someday rather than an all time favorite

I guess I Tibetan Spaniels... yeah I know real shocker right rofl

I also am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Ibizan Hounds and whippets and sight hounds in general but really love the beezers!

Ummm PBGV's b/c I love to say that "word" and they are really cute

Having grown up around terriers....
I really enjoy cairn terriers as well, and sometimes westies and scotties. I like to see them in the salon, though I don't like the fact that a lot of the time when they come in my fingers are in danger at one point or another.

#15 ·
Rottweilers! That is what I've always had in the past. My last one was stolen. She was so smart. I still miss her.

I had to use some of my NILIF training that I learned from working with Rotties on Rufus at one time.

One reason that I decided to get a Poodle this time is my arthritis. Rott's are so strong and it was really hurting my arthritis.

#18 ·
Rhodesian Ridgebacks for sure--fantastic temperment, [for me] and so laid back. If they were a non-shedding breed they would be almost perfect!
Next in line, Dachshunds. No, they do not have to be yappy or snappy, a dog from a good line and well trained is an absolute joy to own. My little girl was stolen 11 yrs ago and I still have not gotten over it enough to get another. I will, though. After that, the rest of the sight hounds, [particulary whippets and silken windhounds], and Border Terrriers.

#27 ·
I love dogs, all dogs, purebereds, designers/mutts....just love them. What I would own aside from standards, I might explore miniture and toy poodles some day. I currently own a Havanese and that breed is fantastic, small but not too small/fragile, highly intelligent and super playful and of course non-shedding. :) I love GSD, but because of what AKC breeders did to the breed (I mean horrificly slanted backs), I won't own one, not unless I have one imported from Germany or Check Republic. Plus, I no longer want to deal with breeds that shed and smell when they are wet. My poodles have ruined me. lol

#29 ·
Doberman hands down!! I have owned one for the last 28 years and I absolutely love their attitude, love, intelligence, intense personality, calmness, sleek body and color. Black & Rust is my favorite color. The girl I have now, Jade, will most likely be my last one. I am sure I could not replace this girl, ever, and don't want to think about trying when the time comes.

Poodles I have found are great and I love them as much as my Dobies. I have found them to be calming, believe it or not...lol. There is something about them that is relaxing. I have my seven month old fixed toy male, six month old silver girl and 4 1/2 month old brown girl and they can all be in the living room with me and I don't have to be constantly getting up correcting them. I have had two Dobe pups at one time many years ago and it was wild, mostly because of their protective attitude, and two together egged each other on if someone came, and also their puppy chewing habits which could get them in lots of trouble. I do have to get up and correct my poos occasionally, but very, very seldom. They seldom pick up anything that it not their toys and if they do, all I have to do is say their name and they drop it and I pick it up. I would NOT trust them loose alone in the house for any length of time at their tender age (well, Jester, the toy can be left loose all night without getting into any trouble at all) but you would never guess I had three poo puppies and an adult Dobe in the house when you visited.

Here are pics of my current Dobe girl, Jade. She is an absolute love, loves to play fetch, loves to snuggle, loves to go horse back riding and loves children immensely.

Jade & Poos playing
[/IMG]

Jade a couple years ago
[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.