Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still hunting for a pair of clippers for our spoo. I was wondering if there are other brands I should be looking at other than Andis?? Also, for a one length all over cut would one of the lower-end Andis do the job? I'm worried about getting that botched look, uneven chunks out of the coat... I've NEVER done ANY grooming with clippers on a dog, so I'm questioning whether we need the $150 pair of clippers... but then I don't want to buy a crappy pair and end up having to get them anyways down the road!

Thanks for any info... I'm still unsure if I'll be grooming him myself other than the basic stuff, but would like to try.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Really having a good set of clippers is key. Oster clippers tend to be loud, they rattle and vibrate and they also get really hot. I went through several Osters before I wised up and just bought the Andis :) If you try to get by with a cheaper brand I think you will just end up feeling frustrated. Just my two cents :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm looking at the new Andis 5 speed clippers, they are supposed to stay cool to the touch. I've found some awesome deals online, so if you find a pair you like try to find them online for a good price :) I'd rather pay $150-$200 once than $45 four or five times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts