Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I think he is lovely. As a BIS winner, though, he has not been used a lot. Why? Perhaps it is just because his owner is very, very picky about who she breeds him to.

Health wise, he looks good. At age 10 you sure have the opportunity to go out and talk to some of the other breeders who have used him over the years to ask about what he produced. Looking back into his pedigree, I would think that SA and possibly Bloat (Gordon) might be your biggest concern.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
He looks good, he is 10 turns 11 this year :)
Is see on PHR that a lot of dogs in his pedigree have produced SA

do you have a picture of your female?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hey, that's in my neck of the woods...kinda. ;)

When I was looking for a poodle, before I decided to rescue, the Greater Milwaukee Poodle Club actually referred me to Avalon. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
He is a beautiful dog,no doubt! I guess I would ask,you are getting a pup for a pet or for possible breeding some day? I took a quick peek at the pedigree on poodle pedigree. I do know there are some health issues with some of the lines in there,but in EVERY std poodle as well.LOL On the Health Registry you could find some more info on this. For some reason,without looking, Lake Cove is ringing a bell and Pinafore President. I do know there are health issues in Whisperwind,Magnum PI and Eaton Affirmed. But,heck,they are OLD big time dogs back there and they are in some of my pedigrees too.LOL It is an impressive pedigree and tested lines.It is just some of the health issues are not things there are tests for.My first boy Ryan,had these dogs in his pedigree and we just lost him in 07 just before his 14th B-Day!! I'm sure you will LOVE a puppy from that boy! Good Luck!! Moxie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts