Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I went to the dog park, there were two new signs up. One said "No Pitt Bulls" Awesome. That's a Little Rock law, and fair. The only two Pitt Bulls I'd seen there before were asshats. One tried to attack my poodle and the other was kept on a leash and growled at everything that moved.

But the second sign said "all dogs must be spayed/neutered if over 6 months old". Not sure how I feel about that one. Helmet is not fixed (no, I'm never going to breed him, but I mean...he's a poodle with a mohawk for Jesus Sakes. Let him have SOME dignity!) And Crash? I'm not going to spay her at 6 months. Isn't the rule 2 heat cycles before you spay?

I get it...the rules are the rules...and I'm just going to say "hey, new dog park". but I'm curious...how many of the dog parks near you have the same ruels? What's your opinion on required spay/neuter?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We talked about the first heat before we ever got the puppy. My boyfriend and I don't live together. When she goes through her first heat cycle, she'll stay here with me and Helmet will go with his Daddy for a few days. After that first cycle, I can call and set up the appointment to have her fixed. The plan all along has been to spay her.

For the record, I didn't create the breed ban. I wasn't even born when the vote passed through the Little Rock legal system to ban Pits. I didn't get a say, a vote, an opinion...nothing.

And if you are asking what the point of the thread is, you clearly didn't the read the entire first post-only enough to get irritated and immediatly jump into a "forum fight". Settle down, killer. :) The "point" of the original post was in the last two sentences.

but I'm curious...how many of the dog parks near you have the same ruels? What's your opinion on required spay/neuter?
Not trying to be snarky, just sayin.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So there were two signs. I mentioned both. Should I ignore one? The topic to the thread didn't mention the second sign. The questions in the post didn't mention the second sign. And I don't think that anybody is respecting the value of infleciton lost in typing.

"awesome!" being totally different than "awesome.".

I don't personally care either way. I don't have a Pit Bull. Not intrested in them. Not anymore so that I would be in a Weenie dog or Dobbie or Rottie or lab. The ban doesn't affect me or my opinons in any way. The entire point of the thread is about bans that Dog Parks have and people's reactions to the rules. I believe I've only gotten ONE valid response. If people really want to just fight/bicker, then they should go to a forum designed to do so. This forum is about poodles and a mutual love/respect for them. I'll never understand why people feel so badass behind a computer screen. If they second sign is so offensive, then I welcome anybody to come down to Little Rock, go to the dog park, stand at the gate, and yell at the piece of paper hung there.

Good luck with that.

Now, can we please...FINALLY....get back on topic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.