Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think the required spay/neuter for a dog park is a very good idea actually... Honestly, I have nothing against intact dogs, and I have no problem with them in the park, BUT I know a lot of dogs do have problems with intact dogs. I think it's good just to "keep the peace", really. I know intact dogs aren't any more aggressive or what-have-you than any other dog, but for whatever reason, some dogs just go ballistic and get really really rude with intact males. I mean, I know so many pups on dogster and in person that just cannot STAND intact males. They smell them before they see them and are just auto-angry. It's a darn shame, as that means even the best intact dogs will get crap for no reason, but whatever.
If your dogs are pets, you might as well neuter them. I don't see the point in keeping up with the hassle of owning an intact male with an intact female if neither will be bred or shown. Helmet will have to be away for several weeks (maybe a month) until you're SURE your baby girl is off her cycle. It's a huge pain to deal with, and I really doubt Helmet will miss his balls. :\ One less potential -oodle, the way I see it.

Breed bans... /sigh. OP, that was a bad idea to word that the way you did. It really read as "breed bans are good, I don't want those nasty pits in my park". I DID get offended when I read that; you should choose your words carefully in regards to such heated topics. We have the same dumb sign on our dog park gate, and it's been repeatedly scratched out with keys lol. Everybody still brings their pits in. ;) All of the aggressors in my park have been LABS!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.