Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Breed bans are just wrong. If you think it starts and ends with pits, you're also wrong. If you let them ban one breed pretty soon they will find a reason to ban ANY breed. Yes, even your adorable poodle.

It's also irresponsible to own a PET dog and leave them intact simply to give him "dignity". He's a DOG, he doesn't know what dignity is. He's not a person.

In fact your dog will probably be much more comfortable snipped..he won't go nuts everytime a bitch goes into heat..he'll be less likely to want to leave home when he does smell a bitch in heat.. intact males can be quite a handful.

I've met some shady pits at the dog park..but i've also met some aggressive golden retrievers..before I started dog grooming I hated poodles because the few standards i met were just horrible dogs. I figured standard poodles were just mean animals with goofy haircuts. I had no idea I would own three wonderful spoos later on!

I just don't understand the point of your post really. If you wanted to start a heated discussion I imagine you will get your wish.
IA 10000000000% with both HC and Adian !

Breed bans are not awesome and I think you have offended a few people on here by saying that. It does not stop with pit bulls at all.

I have been around nearly over 500 pit bulls my whole life never been bit or attacked .... But I get bit and attacked by a mutt so I think we should all ban mutts now :rolffleyes:

I agree with pit bulls should not go to a dog park but , I don't think its fair to say banned. Instead it should say aggressive dogs banned !

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
We talked about the first heat before we ever got the puppy. My boyfriend and I don't live together. When she goes through her first heat cycle, she'll stay here with me and Helmet will go with his Daddy for a few days. After that first cycle, I can call and set up the appointment to have her fixed. The plan all along has been to spay her.

For the record, I didn't create the breed ban. I wasn't even born when the vote passed through the Little Rock legal system to ban Pits. I didn't get a say, a vote, an opinion...nothing.

And if you are asking what the point of the thread is, you clearly didn't the read the entire first post-only enough to get irritated and immediatly jump into a "forum fight". Settle down, killer. :) The "point" of the original post was in the last two sentences.

Not trying to be snarky, just sayin.
what was your point in bringing up the pit ban anyways ? You seem all for it ! there are some pit bull lovers and owners on here.

You could have just posted about the spay and neuter rule so you brought it on your self with your comments. :wacko::fish:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.