Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I kind of took the comment on the pitt ban being fair differently I guess. As in it was fair to ban them at the park since they happened to be banned in your area in the first place? Maybe I am misreading.

I am totally 100 % against banning breeds and totally 100% against requiring owners to spay or neuter their dogs. It should be up to the owner. Any surgery has risks and while the risks of that one are low and the benifits of having it done are very high it should still be up to you.

For the record I agree that pets should be spayed or neutered unless they are show dogs and perhaps part of a responsible breeding program. That said Saleen isn't spayed yet I'll admit. I wanted to wait for her to grow up and then had unexpected health issues and bills associated with my pregnancy so the funds are not there at the moment. I will get her spayed but it isn't an emergency to me right now. More of an annoyance when she goes into heat that's all.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I am in full support of altering pet dogs. There's no reason for them to be going through the hormones unnecessarily. Whenever I look at the lost dogs in the classifieds in my area guess what.. 90% of these dogs are intact. At the dog park they can focus on play instead of focusing on mating.

... just sayin'.
Yeah but it should still be the owner's choice on if and when to do it pet or no pet. What I REALLY wish we had was better education and perhaps requirements on health testing for breeding dogs, but I suppose that is just as big an infringement on dog owners rights as a law requiring spay neuter. Plus being intact isn't going to make them want to breed everything in sight all the time at the park, unless somebody happens to be in heat in which case they shouldn't be at the park really. Howie never did when we were going. I don't go anymore b/c I feel like dog parks are dangerous and full of dumb owners... like anyone who would bring a girl in season to a dog park in the first place. Once again, that just might be an education issue :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.