Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know that with humans a vasectomy is not always 100 successful. Will they be able to test after he has healed whether it has worked?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that with humans a vasectomy is not always 100 successful. Will they be able to test after he has healed whether it has worked?
I don't think so but I think chance of failure is low enough that it isn't a real concern. Anyway it's just a failsafe. He still isn't going to be intentionally left around any in season bitches. I'd rather he remain naive.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't think so but I think chance of failure is low enough that it isn't a real concern. Anyway it's just a failsafe. He still isn't going to be intentionally left around any in season bitches. I'd rather he remain naive.
Ok just asking as if I get a male it will have to be around some intact females when we visit family and a miniature poodle x rhodesian ridgeback mix puppies sound like a very bad idea! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok just asking as if I get a male it will have to be around some intact females when we visit family and a miniature poodle x rhodesian ridgeback mix puppies sound like a very bad idea! :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Well that is only a problem if the female is in heat. Otherwise it is fine. I certainly wouldn't want to just set him free with a bitch in heat though. Even neutered he would probably still be very interested.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
My poor baby is recovering. I feel so bad for him but also glad it is over with. He is still very loopy and clumsy.

View attachment 471867
How old is he? There is a vet in my area who performs vasectomies, which I’ve been considering for my 6 month old Spoo, although I’m not sure at what age it should be done. He’s a beautiful boy, hope he recovers quickly!

·
Registered
919 Posts
May the recovery be swift! I’m sure the return to zooming runs will be a joyful event after he gets through the convalescent stage.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How old is he? There is a vet in my area who performs vasectomies, which I’ve been considering for my 6 month old Spoo, although I’m not sure at what age it should be done. He’s a beautiful boy, hope he recovers quickly!
He is 20 months but it can be done at any age. I just waited because I wasn't certain about whether I wanted a vasectomy or neuter. But he recently started showing more interest in girls, and I don't want to take chances with him encountering bitches in season (people here can be idiots) so it seemed better to go through with it now.

·
Super Moderator
2,585 Posts
What? You could start a new designer dog trend for insecure owners. Hypoallergenic dogs with the heart (and absence of common sense) to hunt lions.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What? You could start a new designer dog trend for insecure owners. Hypoallergenic dogs with the heart (and absence of common sense) to hunt lions.

Ridgepoos! 😂😂😂

I dont know what would scare me more about that mix. The conformation (remember mine will be a European mini so 35 cm max) or the temperament...

·
Registered
102 Posts
You are heartbreakingly handsome, Misha. Glad the procedure went well! Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can return to being a speedy poodle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts