Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Ohhhhh Ahhhhh wish that was being delivered to me!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Wheeeee! How exciting! I love my velocity dryer (I don't think it's quite as nice as the one you got - it works for our two spoos, though!) Congratulations on your new "toys"!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heehe, well now with two poodles drying with my hairdryer was a pain in the you-know-what
so I talked it over with my mom and she was like, "go for it, it sounds like its totally worth it"

LOL, I should have taken a video last night, I wanted to see how loud it would be (it is louder than my hairdryer, no brainier though right?) but before I turned it on I grabbed some cheese from the fridge knowing that the dogs might run when they hear it

yep, if it hadn't been for the smell of super yummy gouda in my hands both dogs would have ran for the hills, LOL :laugh:

Wheeeee! How exciting! I love my velocity dryer (I don't think it's quite as nice as the one you got - it works for our two spoos, though!) Congratulations on your new "toys"!!
oh, and that reminded me, my bf was totally unexcited for me- he was like "well I didn't get anything, so why should I be excited" geeze :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
oh, and that reminded me, my bf was totally unexcited for me- he was like "well I didn't get anything, so why should I be excited" geeze :rolleyes:
Well, I must be more exited for you because I love you more! :pound: :lol: OOOOOOR, maybe it's because I've USED cool toys like that on MY dogs and I KNOW how great they are!! Yeah, that's it!!!

Have fun!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i <3 you too plumcrazy

oh & I did end up staring my own poodle group :) I'm going to check out 4 o 5 places today for us to hold our first indoor playdate!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh - you got some GOOD stuff there :llama: !!!

What scissors and clipper did you choose at the end : ))) !!!!??

I am sure you will have fun trying it all out !!!:):):)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh - you got some GOOD stuff there!!!

What scissors and clipper did you choose at the end !!!!??

I am sure you will have fun trying it all out !!!
well I hoped that any pair I bought would be better than the target "good for people" pair I've been using (so my bf and dog had been getting their hair cut with the same scissors, LOL-oops?)

Master Grooming Tools 5200 Series Straight Shears
https://www.petedge.com/product/Master-Grooming-Tools-5200-Series-Straight-Shears/45782.uts

the link for the other one isn't working but its the curved shears;
Top Performance 7.5 In Ball Point Shear ...

I have the Andis clippers from last year, or the year before that I purchased from petsmart for about $80 (which I noticed earlier this week are on sale now)

I didn't bath either dog today- I've been distracted trying to put together the new meetup group I started here in Chicago for poodles :) We're up to 17 members!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I've been distracted trying to put together the new meetup group I started here in Chicago for poodles :) We're up to 17 members!
SOOOOO Cool!!! I'm glad you were able to put together so many dog lovers for your meetup group!! Keep us updated on how the play dates go!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^well I'll admit, there are proably not as many beautiful groomed dogs in the group as there are on here- but maybe I'll rub off on the group a little, some of the pups are living with really curly fur!

but I'm super excited for sure! I can't believe how tough it is to find a place to let us have a 2 hour meetup in their daycare facility- you would think that people would be begging for business with the "economy being down" but idk...

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
When spring comes, will you be able to find places to meet outside? I know there are not many places around my little town where a bunch of dogs can meet in an indoor arena... We go to our rally classes at the local 4-H building. I think the use of the building would normally cost something, but because there are a number of 4-H kids in the class, the instructor gets the building one night a week at no charge... She just needs to make sure the building is in the same condition when she leaves as when she arrives (no messes, floors swept, chairs/tables put away, etc...)

Hope you find your group to be a great success! Good luck!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
plumcrazy I defiantly plan on having outdoor events when the weather starts turning nice! there are so many parks in Chicago, and many off leash dogy play areas as well. plus there are dog friendly places like dog-friendly bakeries, ice cream shops, cafes, outdoor pubs and we have 3 dog beaches! :biggrin1:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Let's pray for SPRING!!! :lol: Sounds like you have a lot of options, weather permitting. We have one city-run fenced dog park, other than that I'm pretty sure the leash law exists any other place people may bring their dogs...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let's pray for SPRING!!! :lol: Sounds like you have a lot of options, weather permitting. We have one city-run fenced dog park, other than that I'm pretty sure the leash law exists any other place people may bring their dogs...
well.. that was one of my considerations when I got offered the position I'm in with my company- I thought to myself, "I think there will be many more options in Chicago for my pup than Raleigh" :D

we're defiantly going to have a yappy hour, I did that in Raleigh with a bunch of my friends where the 'cover charge' went to our SPCA- it was so much fun to sit outside on the deck with our pups and just hang out :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love getting boxes in the mail, especially doggy boxes!! How exciting! Maybe next time you could get your BF a squeaky toy all his own :) or maybe a ball?? lol

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!! YEP, looks familiar...lol. Got those same shampoo/conditioner with each of our orders (spoos and mine) when we got our dryers and stuff. Love PetEdge! And also get real excited when our new spoo purchases come in... like the CC shampoo order we got last week. Looks like you are going to enjoy some fluffy dogs.... ummm, dogs won't be so thrilled with your purchase though....lol. Let's see, things our dogs DON'T like: feet being shaved, nose area shaved, top knot blown dry, toe nails drummeled. Chantel is the only one the absolute LOVES her bath.. the rest take it ok, Ivy hates it! LOL.

Have fun... or not.... depends on how happy your spoo is with the process. :)

SPRING!!!! Did someone mention... SPRING???? :ridinghorse: YEEHAW! I am SOOOO ready!!! LOL LOL Can't wait!!
Hmmmm, the only thing I dread about spring is all the muddy ground and what it does to the spoos when they go out to play. :doh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts