Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else's poodle at their happiest when wet or dirty? Cooper is obsessed with water which is great for baths lol. We are lucky enough to have a long river walk near us and 4 different beaches to choose from. We took him to a local park yesterday and we were at the duck pond that was surrounded by railings and he was desperate to get into the water. Wasn't even bothered with the ducks hahaha. Thought I would attach a few pictures of him at his happiest and look forward to seeing yours.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first rain of the season is an important event in dry old Southern California. Years ago, my black standard, Lancer, would dance about the yard, licking raindrops out of the sky. His joyous rain dance stays in my memory. It was worth the cleanup.
That is just adorable, what a lovely memory to have. We are in Scotland and often have lots and lots of rain. Cooper tries to catch it in his mouth as it falls too and he does the same when the sun is shining on him, tries to catch the rays.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the first few years of Mia's life, I bathed her weekly, and sometimes more often than that. All of her favorite activities seemed to enjoy mud, dirt, and icky water.
Sounds like Mia and Cooper could be soul mates haha.

Registered
I wish I had the courage to bring mine out to a place where they could get wet and dirty. I can鈥檛 imagine the clean up after. As it is now, whiskey鈥檚 weekly bath takes me 4 hours to get through. Add on to the fact that few places are dog friendly where we are, and that the almost daily rain equals lightning storms, we don't get much of a choice of where and when we can go out.

There is a newly opened dog water park near where I live though, so that鈥檚 somewhere I plan to bring the dogs one day.

Registered
Anyone else's poodle at their happiest when wet or dirty? Cooper is obsessed with water which is great for baths lol. We are lucky enough to have a long river walk near us and 4 different beaches to choose from. We took him to a local park yesterday and we were at the duck pond that was surrounded by railings and he was desperate to get into the water. Wasn't even bothered with the ducks hahaha. Thought I would attach a few pictures of him at his happiest and look forward to seeing yours.

Registered
Yes. Winnie will take any opportunity to jump in to a wet and muddy ditch and bounce around in it. When we walk in the woods I have to take routes avoiding anywhere I know she will throw herself in or put her back on the lead if we have to walk past them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish I had the courage to bring mine out to a place where they could get wet and dirty. I can鈥檛 imagine the clean up after. As it is now, whiskey鈥檚 weekly bath takes me 4 hours to get through. Add on to the fact that few places are dog friendly where we are, and that the almost daily rain equals lightning storms, we don't get much of a choice of where and when we can go out.

There is a newly opened dog water park near where I live though, so that鈥檚 somewhere I plan to bring the dogs one day.
A dog water park sounds amazing!

Premium Member
Asta thinks water (especially rain) is evil. He doesn't want to go out in it. If If his feet are dirty, he brings me a towel . He also likes for me to dry his face after he drinks - he is very fastidious.

Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
Asta thinks water (especially rain) is evil. He doesn't want to go out in it. If If his feet are dirty, he brings me a towel . He also likes for me to dry his face after he drinks - he is very fastidious.
Haha! Maybe Asta's prior life was as Felix Unger!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts