Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask because I'm having trouble finding the shears I need (I was looking for a specific Geib model in straight and curved)--I see them on a few sites, but they're back-ordered. In the past, I have ordered from Cherrybrook, and I've come close to ordering from PetEdge. Neither one has the product I need in stock right now. So, I ordered from Groomer's Choice, a site i have not used before, but they had what I wanted in stock. (I also ordered a smaller pair in a different brand for detail work around eyes, etc.) Groomer's Choice sent me an email confirming that they received the order, so I waited for the stuff to ship. Then, a couple days later, they sent me a request for additional info, including a written credit card authorization and a copy of my driver's license, which they wanted me to send them by email. Apparently, they are a wholesale site. I didn't know that. But they told me they do sell to consumers--fine so far. Still, they want these emailed id's because they said they get people who purchase their products and mark them up to to resell them. I said I have one dog I groom myself, and I explained that I had not been able to find the shears I wanted at other sites I'd used before. I said I'd be happy to somehow prove that I'm me, but I won't email that kind of sensitive information, because email is not secure. They didn't offer an alternative, and said that they were going to go ahead and cancel my order. (If their website explained any of this, I must have missed it when i placed my order.) Annoying, but I guess they have their reasons.

So now i'm back to square one! Still need scissors. Please tell me what sites you've used successfully? Thank you!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Cherrybrook and Petedge, haha, not helpful in this case. I would try Amazon. I hope someone else will show up with better suggestions. If you have a dog show near you, you may find a lot of time vendors are present with scissors to sell. I bought my curved shears this way.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I wish I had some shows near where I live; i agree that would be a good option. Amazon did have one of the shears, but there was some question, review-wise, whether they were the real thing. People were saying they didn't arrive in good condition, or weren't sharp. Maybe I'll check back in with cherrybrook and see when they expect to have the scissors. At this point it's taken me so long it might not be much more of a wait!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Have you checked the Geib Buttercut site?

I saw a link for Christies Direct also. The name is familiar, not personally, but I think from searches here on PF.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Goodness, sorry to hear that about Groomers Choice! I love them, just place my orders by phone. I'll admit; it's been a while and I do need to get in touch with them. Their company manufactures the Coat Handler products, which are great. Hope they will still sell to me...

Showdogstore might still be around. Maybe consider going to the manufacturer's site and looking for a Where to Buy link.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I ended up going back to PetEdge and noticing that they now have one of the shears I wanted back in stock, so I ordered it from them, no issues.
I'm surprised Groomer's Choice didn't offer to take my order by phone? I mean, i was on the phone with them asking if there was another way for me to verify my identity besides sending them an email... I should have sent them a pic of my grooming Cleo! Oh well.
One thing i noticed about Geib--i considered buying direct from them, but when I was searching for where to find their products one of the first sites that came up was the Better Business Bureau--apparently a number of complaints out there b/c they didn't fulfill orders and/or didn't provide accurate information about ship dates. On the other hand, the other sites selling Geib had high ratings from customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts