Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Buck is a very reliable watch dog. He does watch our security camera and barks when he sees someone at the gate. Since he is pretty quiet, inside and outside, when he barks it’s something worth checking. We have a annoyingly vocal Australian Shepherd next door. She barks incessantly at us whenever we’re outside and he never engages. I really feel safer having him around.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Just one thing?

I love her nature. She’s so playful, loves everyone, every dog. She loves toys, it’s such a joy when someone gives her a gift and she behaves like it’s the best gift on earth making the gift giver happy. She’s a cuddler, loves to snuggle. she looks for the softest, highest bed to snooze on. She’s just adorable. I could go on and on...

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Beckie is really good at giving emotional support. She gives very nice and long hugs and she is always happy and in good mood. She likes to steal my place when I get up and then she lies down on her back and shows me her belly to charm me so I don’t get her off my seat...

Merlin in completely in love with me. I’ve never had a dog look at me in such a way. He can also be a little clown (sometimes).

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aw! So sweet!!! You guys are making me want to sing the praises of Peggy now! ? But I'll limit myself to that first one, which prompted this thread. Such a small thing, but one I especially notice and appreciate as we navigate adolescence.

·
Registered
12,475 Posts
I love Poppy's bounces - especially the way she wakes up bouncing. The few days when she was too ill to want to move nearly broke my heart, so seeing her greeting each new day with joy and enthusiasm is now extra special.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
With Miracle, it's just how much she loves and trusts the humans she is close to. She went from growling at me when I first met her to wanting to sit in my lap and show me her toys all within 10 minutes because she decided I was the one! The bond is so strong, it feels like I have had her forever.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I love the way Sandy wakes me up in the morning. She lays her head on my chest and nudges my hands to pet her. She loves snuggles with her mom. I love the way she plays fetch and listens so well despite her training being a little spotty.

For Nova I love the way she greets any of us as if she hasn’t seen us in days but it’s only been a few minutes ?. Her tail wags so hard. I love how she is not nippy even as a puppy where as Sandy I still have to remind her if she gets too excited. I love seeing her learn about new things.

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
Pogo has a tremendous work ethic. His way of going "down" is to throw his front legs up and crash down with a big doggie grin on his face. No gentle slide to the floor for him.

He already knew "down" when we went into one of his first training classes. He went into a regal looking sphynx pose and gazed around, trying to figure out why we weren't moving onto the next trick already. (The other dogs weren't solid in their "downs" yet, so we were stuck on repetition.) He then began trying to go even more down by putting his chin on the floor and spreading his legs to make maximum floor contact. It was adorably silly looking.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doesn't have to be your favourite.

Might even be fleeting.

But in this moment, what's one thing you really like about your poodle?

I'll start:

Peggy doesn't even flinch when she hears yappy dogs pass by outside our window. It's like they don't even register on her radar.
IS
Doesn't have to be your favourite.

Might even be fleeting.

But in this moment, what's one thing you really like about your poodle?

I'll start:

Peggy doesn't even flinch when she hears yappy dogs pass by outside our window. It's like they don't even register on her radar.
Isn't that wonderful about your Peggy. I'm lucky that my S.P's don't bark either. My close neighbors dog barks constantly! I can't go on my backporch or driveway whitout that darn dog barking at me! I have 3 Standards & they just look at me as if to say ...what's wrong with that crazy mutt ! We just go quietly about our business. This has been going on for 10 years!

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IS

Isn't that wonderful about your Peggy. I'm lucky that my S.P's don't bark either. My close neighbors dog barks constantly! I can't go on my backporch or driveway whitout that darn dog barking at me! I have 3 Standards & they just look at me as if to say ...what's wrong with that crazy mutt ! We just go quietly about our business. This has been going on for 10 years!
Peggy's still a silly teenager and is guilty of barking at people and all sorts of rather embarrassing things. I think that's why her quiet moment yesterday, while a yappy dog stirred up the whole neighbourhood, was so striking. I hope it's a sign of things to come!

Your three poodles sound wonderful, as do all the other poodles I'm reading about here. I just love them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts