Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let it be known that I have never laid a hand on my boys in discipline.

Thing is, I don't know the history of Eustace, my airedale/hellhound cross. But one thing I could tell with my poor ocd problem child is that he is scared to death of being hit and he has projected this fear to his little brother Roland.

Yesterday Roland was in trouble. He hates his collars and I looked out to the dogs run and saw him chewing up his third collar just an hour after I checked it, I was a bit peeved. I called Roland in and without thinking, closed the door to the breezeway where the doggy door is and asked my husband to go out and get what was left of the collar before Eustace had a chance to buy Rolands tags again.

But closing the breezeway door is usually the clue for my boys to go to their beds because it means my husband and I will be gone for more than an hour.

Anyhow, I was in the breezeway to collect what was left of the collar and then opened the door and without thinking, shut it again.

I came around the corner to the livingroom where the two dog 'beds' were just in time to see the tip of Eustaces tail disappear into Rolands crate.

Eustace has never gone into Rolands crate and visa versa and when I looked, my heart melted, I just couldn't stay mad, I was next to tears.

I don't know if Eustace was trying to protect his little brother or was looking for his little brother to protect him from a fear from his history.

Needless to say, I called them out and reassured them that Mama loves them.

When you look at this pic, you'll either laugh or cry, but you have to admit, my boys do love each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Awwwww....it sounds like they love you too if they're so bummed that you might be leaving. They sure do know how to send us on guilt trips, huh? Lol.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
I did both - A smile for Roland's "Please don't be cross!" look, and a tear for the anxiety in Eustace's whole body, squeezed behind his friend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts