Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I woke up, did my morning routine and went to sit on the couch to have my coffee and read the paper. Only to find suspicious liquid spilled all over my place... And two more big puddles behind the couch. Arrrrrrrgh ! Beckieeeeeeeeee !

Why, of all places, why did you pee where your brother, you and I cuddle every day, sleep even ? Why ? Why ?

It’s going to be one of those days...

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
(((Hugs)))

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Bone heads!!! Hahahaha! I forgot about that expression. How apropos.

Oh Dechi...that would make me crazy too. I'm a neat/clean freak about my house. I remember when my boys were puppies! Oy vey! I'm so sorry you had one of those days.

Yes, there are those times I sort of try to imagine going away without having to think about my dogs...going on vacation without making provisions, which I don't have any unless my ex looks after them. I'm still trying to figure out how I can go to Europe with my ex (who's a seasoned traveler) and what in the world will I do with the dogs. I can't bring myself to board them.

And there are times when I think what it would be like to not have all that responsibility to care for them, to be so busy with their activities and the grooming, cleaning up after them... etc etc. So, yes, there are definitely times when I think how much easier life would be without pets. But then I turn my brain to the other side and think what it would be like without them...ever. And that makes me really sad. 😞

Hang in there. Hopefully, that won't happen again for a long, long time. And hopefully, you will have some r & r. 😘

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
You are lucky to have morning surprises; mine always wait until I have turned out the lights and gone to bed. Then someone starts yakking noises like he is trying to throw up an entire cow! I have to jump up and clean because if I do not... the "bonehead" will lay down in his own barf. Aaagh!

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are lucky to have morning surprises; mine always wait until I have turned out the lights and gone to bed. Then someone starts yakking noises like he is trying to throw up an entire cow! I have to jump up and clean because if I do not... the "bonehead" will lay down in his own barf. Aaagh!
Ha Ha Ha ! Sorry, I had to laugh. I will consider myself lucky thanks to you !

·
Registered
28 Posts
only on rare occasions did either poodle (as a puppy) mess in the house. It was always because I didn't let them out when they needed to go. Now, I regret to say, they hold everything in for extraordinary periods of time. Last year my Mother passed and my wife was overseas, I had to make the funeral, so I left the dogs for 72 hours in the house. No mess, but upon arrival, after all the formalities, we went for a 2 hour walk and they relieved themselves, again and again. I pains me to think of their sacrifice, to keep their house clean.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so I left the dogs for 72 hours in the house.
I understand those were extraordinary circumstances, but poor dogs ! :-(

Small dogs are notoriously harder to train, they have a smaller bladder (yes, they drink less also) and can’t hold it as much as bigger dog. Also, many, many of them will pee on carpet or soft surfaces in emergency situations (like my dog did).

My opinion on this is because when they are puppies, they are so small and make such tiny puddles that breeders let them all pee inside the house. So they don’t get to go outside before going to their new homes, and they are conditioned to go on bedding, towels, pee pads or soft surfaces that feel like it.

Or maybe it’s something else, but I’ve had many small dogs from many breeders and they all had this same « defect ». One would think I’m the problem but none of my bigger dogs fit this description, lol !

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m a nurse, so I think I am a lot more tolerant than my partner. I guess I’m used to accidents 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
334 Posts
This morning I woke up, did my morning routine and went to sit on the couch to have my coffee and read the paper. Only to find suspicious liquid spilled all over my place... And two more big puddles behind the couch. Arrrrrrrgh ! Beckieeeeeeeeee !

Why, of all places, why did you pee where your brother, you and I cuddle every day, sleep even ? Why ? Why ?

It’s going to be one of those days...
I got our Spoo in a moment of sheer insanity. Who else but a crazy woman would buy a pup while living in a brand new luxury apartment building on the 7th floor at the end of a L-O-N-G carpeted hallway with a slow elevator? We had a hefty damage deposit that we wanted back. We put up gates and crated him but he came to us with diarrhea issues. Luckily I had a little steam cleaner for those times we did not make it all the way to the end of the hallway...

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Oh man yes I still have 2 feet of snow in the back yard but I've been trying to pick up poop out there to reduce the amount when it thaws; the poop is frozen in place, so I use my big steel toed gum boots to kick it, in order to dislodge it and pick it up. Anyway the poodles think it's going to be something nice that I kick free, so I continually have to move them aside so they don't get snow and ice (and poop) in the face. It's good exercise at least!

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh man yes I still have 2 feet of snow in the back yard but I've been trying to pick up poop out there to reduce the amount when it thaws; the poop is frozen in place, so I use my big steel toed gum boots to kick it, in order to dislodge it and pick it up. Anyway the poodles think it's going to be something nice that I kick free, so I continually have to move them aside so they don't get snow and ice (and poop) in the face. It's good exercise at least!

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
I found an old garden trowel worked best for those frozen in place poops

·
Registered
334 Posts
This sure took guts ! Are you still living there ?
Thankfully no! It was just a year of transition. Some serious stuff happened in our lives, and we decided to make a 180 degree turn in our lives. I sold our import and distribution business, my husband and I had started it 14 years previously and I ran it while he stayed with his 40 year career in factory automation. Our kids were grown and out of the house while we found ourselves working 60-70 hour weeks and only seeing eachother on weekends. The business really grew, until it became an all consuming monster. Once I sold the business, my husband gave his company a year's notice as he was a key manager. I spent 6 weeks doing a lightning "pimp to sell" reno on our big house and property. It was pretty spectacular, and sold in one weekend. Then we packed and moved to the apartment while hubby worked out his notice and I continued our downsizing. We sold or donated about 3/4 of our possessions. By the end of that year we were down to one pick up truck, a modest travel trailer, a Poodle pup and an 8' x 20' storage locker with the worldly goods we could not part with, like books, photo albums and some furnitue

1 - 20 of 22 Posts