Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my boy in one week! I am sooo excited, here are some updated pics I got from the breeder. He's so handsome!!

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
we have those here in Ks too!! hurt when stepped on barefoot running inthe dark!! lol

how can they tell what color? he looks like my guy who is a silver!! then another lady told me that blues are soooo black they are blue.....is that true?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked her about how to tell what color they would be and this is what she said in a reply:

"All black, blue, and silver puppies are born black. When born, Blacks do not have white hairs in the pads of their feet, whereas blues and silvers do have white hairs in the pads of the feet. Blue puppies have blue skin and take 3 to 4 years to clear out to their steely blue color. Silver puppies are obvious the first time you shave the face and the face is a much lighter shade. Silvers usually are completely cleared out at 2 years old. Also, blues and silvers have brown hairs early on to let you know they won't be black.

Here's an example using Hot Rod who will be blue. Most likely he will be a lighter blue as an adult. He has blue skin."

I uploaded the photo of him at one day old.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awwww your baby sure is precious. I love that tail! :) I can't wait to see photos when you bring baby home!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
He is oooober gorgeous. Looks very showy.

I disagree about blacks not having white hairs in their pads, I bred a couple that did, I thought they would be blue and at 3 they are still jet black.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will definately have pictures of him running around with my German Shepherd. I think they will enjoy eachother's company. Thank you all so much for your nice comments!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
OMG....he's a beautiful puppy!! You did a great job picking him out. Congrats and please post more pics when you get him home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts