Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dianne and I traveled to Rhodes Island last week and picked up a full sister to Billy & Grace who is 10 weeks old. We went a few minutes down the street to the State beach where we were able to take all six of our poodles out on leash. It was quite an experience with people mobbing us and asking all sorts of questions and taking pictures of their children with the dogs!!

I'll let Dianne introduce you to her new little one but she is the baby appricot spoo in the pictures.

I almost got a picture of all of the dogs and Dianne but I was trying to take the picture and walk three of them at the same time! Can you chew gum & walk at the same time? LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I can see why you got so much attention. They are stunning and look great together. Besides, who could resist a little (ok, big) puppy! She looks adorable. I love the picture where she is sitting looking at the ocean all relaxed taking in the scenery. Gorgeous!

Congratulations on your new spoo!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
OH WOW!! Amazing! What a fun time! I love the beach! And from the looks of it, so do your dogs! Thanks for sharing such a memorable experience with us!! The pictures are just awesome!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Love the pics,congrats on new puppy! I've never been to a beach before.

Sometimes you gotta be careful when all those kids come running up, once I was walking cash and scooter at the park and LOTS of children attending a b-day party were there, well they spotted puppies and came running. Scooter is already skittish and shy so I picked him up while the kids LITERALLY circled up around Cash petting and touching in every direction. Cash became nervous when he is usually friendly and bubbly and began shaking so I excused us and picked him up and started walking away. Well when I thought we were clear and was actually walking at a fast pace around the track, two kids were literally running right behind us waiting for me to stop to "attack" Cash again.Well I did stop but I said "Were trying to go for a walk- go over there with your friends and play and leave the doggies alone please" and they obeyed. Wasn't trying to be rude and my dogs are friendly, but when theyare swamped it's a different story. Sorry to ramble on....

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can definitely see that happening. Fortunately, the people we met were very respectful and it was refreshing. I would imagine that any dog that gets suddenly mobbed could have a bad reaction to it because that would make them feel threatened.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts