Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we adore Bella (as well we should), but she is stiff in the joints to be playing and running with Pearl, the way Pearl would like.

So it's still been in the back of my mind, if the opportunity arose & the time seemed right... Bella is happy & well-adjusted here now (oy, but she must never have been groomed, she loathes it, but she's adjusting with gentleness-only took about 2 hours to do her ears with the poodle comb, lol), & there are seldom pups in my area...

Well, I'm now the mama of the prettiest deep red 4 m old gorgeous & sweet & smart spoo boy.

The breeder had an accidental litter, was properly mortified, & was mostly concerned with finding them good homes- mama bitch is spayed (thankfully the dogs were 6 & 8 in good health, & the sire was the pup of her mom, who did used to breed- at least, sigh, without tests, they're known to the grandparents in one line).

Not perfect circumstances, but the puppies are already here & I have a good home for one more, so, here we are. I'm going to look up the pedigrees, obviously (hoping I can figure it out- help is here, I'm sure. :))

The weirdness: The sire's father is ostensibly a gorgeous deep red champion from Canada. (!)

I've lurked only a bit, but enough to know of some exquisite red Canadian spoos here!

Trying not to think of Arreau's reaction upon possibly finding out one of her line ended up (by happenstance, but still) backyard bred (but living a wonderful life on a gorgeous farm with a lovely family, a very happy dog, I must emphasize! And she was adamant to keep the pups from Doodle breeders- and glad to hear I spay & neuter), but hoping to just share my joy with my new gorgeous, wonderful pup (Pearl is over the moon), BlueSpoo

(I need a new name, hehe. And pix are coming, I promise- my dd has been taking some, but they've all been awful, just close-up milling snouts :doh:)

PS Dog name suggestions being accepted. (He's been called Alf, I kind of see him as a Rory, but it hasn't quite clicked yet.) :D

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Well, I am not sure what I have to do with anything. I have only been breeding reds for five years, so how my name came up here, I would like to know!! None of my puppies would be six to eight years old...Holly is only six and was not bred until she was two. HELLO!!! Can you please enlighten me?? I would appreciate it very much. Who would be the person be who " possibly has one of her lines" and is breeding it?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Don't get excited, Arreau. I don't think anything bad was meant by it. BlueSpoo said she's only lurked a little while. Actually, I didn't know you've only been breeding reds for five years. Never really thought about it. There just aren't that many red standard breeders, so that's probably why she mentioned you. :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Oh, I am excited all right!! Implying someone from Holly's lines is being backyard bred...if the age fell into place, which it doesn't, that would mean somebody renegged on a non breeding agreement and did not spay or neuter their dog as they said they did!!! YEP, I am excited!!!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
But...but...they didn't! As you say, the age rules it out and is easily provable.

Of course, I understand the anxiety of knowing that the possibility always exists that someone will not honor the spay or neuter contract, no matter how careful you are in screening them. :(

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
But here we go again!!! Why should I have to prove anything? I know how old my dog is, and how old her litters of pups are. Her oldest litter, which was not mine but Cantope's because they owned her at the time, were all black pups out of a red Mom (Holly) and a brown father (Cantope's Guiness) and they are four years old!! Impossible! But frustrating!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
She didn't say it WAS one from Hollys line that was bred, just that it was from a well bred & shown red dog in Canada and I think she assumed you might be one and the same. But yes, it does still leave the fact a red pup was left intact and bred this new lile bundle of joy so perhaps BlueSpoo could post the pedigree of their pup so we CAN know who it was??

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Are we sure this is not a misunderstanding? I thought she was referring to a post with the silver spoo that was rescued that came from a breeder that was not aware an so on........

I am thinking the OP's wording ran together a bit. I thought she was using the example and referred to Arreau's reaction as a breeder if this was the case in the silver spoo rescue.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Well I certainly hope so!! And if we are talking silver, I am pretty sure a silver would not produce a deep red Champion dog. And inheriting Thinker from my dead Mother would not make this puppy "possible out of my lines". Perhaps Bibelot Poodles should be notified if this is the case.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If its the silver then it would have been Arreau's mother's lines as I don't believe that Arreau has ever personally bred a silver.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well, I am not sure what I have to do with anything. I have only been breeding reds for five years, so how my name came up here, I would like to know!! None of my puppies would be six to eight years old...Holly is only six and was not bred until she was two. HELLO!!! Can you please enlighten me?? I would appreciate it very much. Who would be the person be who " possibly has one of her lines" and is breeding it?
Oh my goodness! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was making any assumptions- like I said, I've only lurked a little bit, but enough to know that you have beautiful red spoos in Canada- nothing more (apparently only enough to get myself in trouble, lol). (And who wouldn't want a poodle from one of your line? :D)

Just have been enjoying the spoos, & now with them finally resting, I just got to this- haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but wanted to apologize for bringing your name into it- it was truly just from admiring your beautiful dogs in pix.

Am I forgiven? :) Still finessing the etiquette here, BlueSpoo

PS I'd love to post his pedigree! (I was under the impression the database was still down- was when I tried it today, & the health registry hasn't emailed me back for access yet)

PPS Now that I've read the thread, I'm truly repentant- I can only plead utter ignorance, as Arreau's dogs were simply the only Canadian reds I knew of. For your upset I am so very sorry, I didn't mean to be at all flip in my first apology. I had no idea. :(

PPPS Oh, here's his pedigree info (and yes, I got the dates & ages wrong anyway- my inattention I blame on having a puppy to soothe, and big girls to keep from getting jealous :)).

Caezer Rulez PR11367108
King Louie's Princess Zena PP66860907

Whatever his origins, he's a splendid pup & will be a beloved lifetime member of our family.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Oh my goodness! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was making any assumptions- like I said, I've only lurked a little bit, but enough to know that you have beautiful red spoos in Canada- nothing more (apparently only enough to get myself in trouble, lol). (And who wouldn't want a poodle from one of your line? :D)

Just have been enjoying the spoos, & now with them finally resting, I just got to this- haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but wanted to apologize for bringing your name into it- it was truly just from admiring your beautiful dogs in pix.

Am I forgiven? :) Still finessing the etiquette here, BlueSpoo
Yes, my Dear, you are forgiven!! Actually, it is quite a compliment when I think about it. I do not think there are any CKC champion reds in Canada. Whoever you are talking about must have a UKC championship, and there are differing opinions on here about UKC...so I myself am presuming whose dog this would be. Looking forward to seeing the pedigree posted. You and I are just fine!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Had a look at their pedigrees on PHR and I do not recognize any kennel names or dogs until WAAAAAAY back in the Dad's pedigree. There are no champions there at all. None of my lines anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Congratulations on your new red pup!! I'm glad everything got cleared up as to his lines (well, sort of cleared up - at least we know your baby isn't related to MY baby!!) :lol:

As soon as you get him settled in - please post pictures!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm certain the breeder was confused rather than BSing (and that it really, really was an accidental litter- having had one in my life, I get it- and the desire to NEVER have another! Serendipitously my only neighbor's dog was another AKC dal of nice British lines, but that's another story).

They were v interested to hear how Alf ;) is settling in, & keeping the last pup rather than ship him- we are going to have a poodle playdate halfway, at the GOOD dogpark, yay!)... it doesn't matter, since if I show anything it would be playing with agility (I've never seen anything more agile than a poodle in flight, lol). His occiput is a tad bony; I didn't buy him for his confirmation or antecedents (although of course I wish there that had been generations of responsible testing!).

Going to bug my dd to post those photos today so I can link (much faster than getting my dh to find ours)... there are some luscious red curls coming in under that titian puppy fluff...

Thank you for your good wishes (and I'm glad you were able to be relieved, Arreau! :D)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts