Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ruby is coming up on 4 months (in 4 days) up until this weekend she has been the most placid and calm puppy ever. Friday night however she sprung to life and is now a tiny terror. She has figured out how to open my tea towel drawer and is content ripping everything from there and trashing my kitchen...her toys are all over the place...the dog beds strewn across the living room, toilet paper from 1 end of the house ot the other....I have no idea where her sudden behaviour comes from but man she is making me crazy .......and grey!

From 6am til about 8 she is into everything, than she naps but is up by 10 and again into everything. Sleeping by 1 up at about 3 and into everything. She will have short nap spurts between 3 and 8 than goes to bed with my daughter...than goes out for a pee and goes to bed for the night at 10...than it starts all over again at 6am.

She is very much like some of my 18 month olds I care for through the day...she keeps me hopping better than most 2 year olds...she tries my patience like a typical 3 year old lol.

Good thing I love her dearly or I would seriously be mad about it all. bathroom is now kept closed, going to buy locks for the drawers and as far as toys and dogbeds go well I'm gonna have to live with that for a while I guess. lol. she is a mini poodle but a HUGE pile of trouble. lol.

I will admit that its very nice that she has put herself on a sleeping, playing, pooping schedule, at least I knwo when my next break is coming lol.

hard to believe that this adorable pup can keep me hopping, more so than human children lol.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It IS a lot like watching toddlers....but toddlers with powerful teeth and that

can run like the wind!

I refer to the puppy stage (early to the end)

as

"Puppy Hell"

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Ruby is sooooooo adorable, love her pink nails. It is a good thing that we all love our poos so much, or we would probably be mad at them a lot of times, but usually end up laughing about the weird things that they do, so much like human kids huh? " Lets see, what can I get away with this time"?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't worry! My Trixie was the same way. I would find her shredding toilet paper and scattering it around the house haha. Now she's about 8 months old and she is calming down and listens much better!

·
Registered
912 Posts
What is it with poodles and toilet paper. My OH was going off that I was being to rough on the toilet roll holders cause both of them were coming away from the wall and he was going to have to fix them, I of course am protesting loudly that I only use them like a normal person would! A few nights later while we're watching TV T very quickly ducks into the bathroom and somes out with the toilet roll firmly clenched in his mouth - ha ha culprit found! Looks like he had finally worked out how to get the roll off the holder instead of just pulling on it and making the holders loose.

Both of us immediately jumped up to get the toilet roll, T dropped it and picked up just one end and proceeded to run around the lounge room, our bedroom and the study draping toilet paper behind him. It was so like a cartoon :rofl:, we we're both laughing and chasing which he thought was pretty good. So now like you the toilet and bathroom doors stay shut!

Edit - sorry got carried away wioth the story and forgot to say it's amazing what terrors they can be when she looks like such an angel! Love her pretty pink nails, and her colour is coming through so pretty.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Now, doesn't that face just look like it is saying "Who? Me?" LOL Thank goodness we can always find the humor in what they do.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Blue Fox - I read your story to my husband and we had a good laugh. That's a great story! My husband actually told me to bring out a roll of toilet paper to see what our spoos would do with it. Nope; not happenin' :biggrin:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Apart form a soggy roll of toilet paper, which had to be picked up from all over the top floor of our house it really was very funny, and T seemed so proud, prancing around, dodging and weaving so he wouldn't get caught :rofl: He certainly is a devil in disguise!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Ruby is coming up on 4 months (in 4 days) up until this weekend she has been the most placid and calm puppy ever. Friday night however she sprung to life and is now a tiny terror. She has figured out how to open my tea towel drawer and is content ripping everything from there and trashing my kitchen...her toys are all over the place...the dog beds strewn across the living room, toilet paper from 1 end of the house ot the other....I have no idea where her sudden behaviour comes from but man she is making me crazy .......and grey!

From 6am til about 8 she is into everything, than she naps but is up by 10 and again into everything. Sleeping by 1 up at about 3 and into everything. She will have short nap spurts between 3 and 8 than goes to bed with my daughter...than goes out for a pee and goes to bed for the night at 10...than it starts all over again at 6am.

She is very much like some of my 18 month olds I care for through the day...she keeps me hopping better than most 2 year olds...she tries my patience like a typical 3 year old lol.

Good thing I love her dearly or I would seriously be mad about it all. bathroom is now kept closed, going to buy locks for the drawers and as far as toys and dogbeds go well I'm gonna have to live with that for a while I guess. lol. she is a mini poodle but a HUGE pile of trouble. lol.

I will admit that its very nice that she has put herself on a sleeping, playing, pooping schedule, at least I knwo when my next break is coming lol.

hard to believe that this adorable pup can keep me hopping, more so than human children lol.

oh my goodness! she is cute! ha ha ha - ya just can't stay mad at them can ya? she is beautiful!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, the "little" poodles seem to be the most naughty. My toy boy is the instigator of trouble in my house. His name is Jester (registered as Court Jester) and that is exactly what he is, the clown of the family. When I got him he had a TERRIBLE thing about shredding paper towel, toilet paper or tissue if it was anywhere he could reach it - although he THANKFULLY never took any off the toilet paper holder...lol. He would proceed to shred the paper into tiny bits all over the floor. BUT, it is just too impossible to stay mad at them they are just so endearing!! Funny thing is, he never touched regular paper, just the "soft" paper products. He has since learned the 'leave it' and doesn't shred anymore. Thank God... lol.... but he does still get in trouble.

Blue Fox, what a great story. Made me laugh and say "OMG" at the same time. It must have been quite a sight to watch him do that... lol.

Blue Fox - I read your story to my husband and we had a good laugh. That's a great story! My husband actually told me to bring out a roll of toilet paper to see what our spoos would do with it. Nope; not happenin' :biggrin:
OMG, Deb, I can't believe your husband actually wanted to do that and see what happened...LOL...LOL. I read this to Lee and he laughed and said, "yeah, right, just what you'd want to do, encourage them to do it." You can tell him from Lee and I that we think he would VERY MUCH regret doing that when he found toilet paper all over the house all the time later...LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts