Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have owned hunting breeds for more than 20 years - all beautiful specimens of their breed - the gorgeous Vizsla, an awesome English Pointer and a Dalmatian with so much smarts. But guess who just brought the very first live animal into my living room? Yep the 9 lb mini poodle. He caught a chipmunk and proudly released him at my feet. Hysterical screaming ensued - both from me and the chipmunk. Then cue the Benny Hill theme song - a lot of crazy running around - both me and the chipmunk. Poodle kid was mighty pleased! Then I managed to open the front door and told Poodle kid that the chipmunk should go back outside. And he promptly herded him back out. Whew! This is what he looks like when he is very pleased with himself...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,892 Posts
Nice soft mouth as one would want in a retriever! It was nice of him to herd the little critter out the door. I have a friends who breeds English Springer Spaniels and she has a much messier ending to her story of a squirrel having fallen down the chimney and being hunted by her pack. there was plenty of Benny Hill theme song there though too.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Hahaha! Good boy Louie! I think Molly would love to join him! (She 'hunts' gophers!)

Reactions: Moni

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Haha, what an exciting experience for both of you

Reactions: Moni
1 - 10 of 10 Posts