Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I'm cleaning the house I put Belle outside and leave the door open so that I can monitor her while I mop. Okay she was out there for 2 hours while I mopped the entire house. When the floors dried I let her back inside.

Sure enough even though she was outside for two hours she still peed on the floor!!!!

Yea somebody is GROUNDED!! :censored::yell::mad2::mad2:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Uh....

I just ordered a carpet cleaner to keep in a closet because

my

seven month old poodle

is not totally housebroken yet! (I stepped on a pee spot on my oriental rug just this morning and realized she needs to go back to ground zero in supervision!)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
May I ask if Belle is a toy? I have a Maltese that pulls the same stunt! I mopped the entire house and washed my dust ruffle. What does he do the first chance he gets, lifts his leg on the dust ruffle, UGH!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May I ask if Belle is a toy? I have a Maltese that pulls the same stunt! I mopped the entire house and washed my dust ruffle. What does he do the first chance he gets, lifts his leg on the dust ruffle, UGH!
Yep she is a toy and right now she knows shes in trouble and is avoiding the heck out of me. :mad:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
she is getting even with you for leaving her outside. My toys go outside do their thing, hang around the door to come back in straight away. They are pains.

·
Registered
70 Posts
mine will just sit at the door and wait to come back in most of the time, unless they are having bones. Your best bet it take the dog to spot you want them to to their business, give them a command to go toilet, as soon as the pup does a wee or poop give it a treat and lots or praise, I have never had a problem house breaking a poodle, even older rescues who have been totally un house trained when i got them, they are usually a very clean breed and also very smart. You cant just shut a puppy out and expect them to know what you want them to do, you need to show them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine will just sit at the door and wait to come back in most of the time, unless they are having bones. Your best bet it take the dog to spot you want them to to their business, give them a command to go toilet, as soon as the pup does a wee or poop give it a treat and lots or praise, I have never had a problem house breaking a poodle, even older rescues who have been totally un house trained when i got them, they are usually a very clean breed and also very smart. You cant just shut a puppy out and expect them to know what you want them to do, you need to show them.
Yes I have shown her she pretty much is potty trained. She knows she's supposed to potty outside. She was just being a little brat.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just went thru the house this weekend with a black uv light to look for any urine stains so I could clean them properly. With the warm waether coming ...well, thats just gonna smell bad. I found 3 stains cleaned them with a great cleaner and stains are gone, so smell should be gone as well!! YAY.

Roo is housetrained, the only time she has peed in the house the past month was when I painted her nails...I think she got high from the remover and than the polish (if thats even possible)...That said I have no doubt that she WOULD pee if I didn't pay attention to her cues and such or while I am away, so she still gets kenneled and taken out at her request.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts