Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Olive, black miniature poodle, 9 months old
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Olive is not feeling well. She has not eaten her favourite food in about 3 days. Yesterday she had a small spit up after eating a small peice of a banana. The only change in her diet was a new beef treat. She is playfull and active as allways. I plan to take her to the vet tomorrow if she does not get better. What can I do to help her?
Thank you,
Olive

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I think vet’s in order when a dog doesn’t eat for many days, especially if it’s a puppy or a small dog, as they can dehydrate and lose weight fast. It’s hard to give advice because we don’t know what is wrong with her.

If the beef is new and she was doing fine with her old food, I would go back. No treats, no bananas for now until she sees the vet. Best is to call them and ask for advice. If they’re closed, call an ER vet and they will help you.

·
Registered
12,701 Posts
Definitely vet, if it has been three days. How are the pees and poos?

Reactions: Mfmst

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
She threw up again today, I do not know what is wrong. She is still robust and playfull and she has eaten a little. She is also drinking water.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
It's a good sign that she's behaving normally. Still, three days is a long time for a small young dog. To repeat an earlier question, how are her pees and poos?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I’m in agreement. Have you been able To get her to the vet? If I’m reading this correctly, it’s been now 4 days? That is a long time. Could she have eaten something that you are not aware of such as a toy part or stick for example? It almost concerns me more that she’s behaving normally. She seems to be feeling fine yet for some reason she’s not eating and when she does she’s throwing it up. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
Olive is getting better! She is eating and drinking more and is having more frequent bathroom breaks!
How did it go at the vet ?
I have not taken her to the vet yet since aI do not think it is needed, she is recovering fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts