Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Olive Diaries - Chapter One - My past

Hi,
I am Olive. I live in a cosy home in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with my human, Kia. She loves me so much and I am pampered like a princess! I think we were meant to be together. But, many months ago, things were not the same....

I am from a breeder in La Crête, Alberta, Canada. I was born on the night of January 30, 2020, when the northern lights were shining brightly in the night sky. My mother was a merle poodle named Nova and my father was an apricot poodle named Teddy. I was born with my siblings, Dixie was the demanding female, merle pup. Ginger was a female, apricot puppy, she was the runt of the litter. Pepper was my shy, black brother. My shy sister, Milo, was a phantom poodle. Peanut was my playful, red brother. Ruby was my prissy, red sister. And best of all was Marble, my playful merle brother! We were best friends and played all day long! I still miss Marble. I hope he is doing well. My father almost never wanted to be brushed. His top priority was keeping a watch on what all was happening around him! He was on the short and skinny side since he was a very picky eater, he was only 11 inches tall. That is probably where I got some of my picky habits from. My mother was a large dog for her breed type, she was 15 inches tall. That is the largest size a miniature poodle can get. My adoption was announced a week before the big day. I overheard my breeder cheerfully saying “Little Olive has found a loving family!”. My mom heard her too. “ First Milo, then Dixie and now Olive! ” she cried. The rest of the week was full of sorrow, all my siblings were booked and all the owners paid the deposits. When the day of the adoption came, all of my siblings were put in a crate in a car and were taken far away from my friends, my mother and father and my home. I did not know what would come next….
Olive

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
It really must be traumatic to be taken away from litter mates and Mama. Sounds like you landed in a great place, even if it was all scary and strange at first. Looking forward to reading further diary entries of your adventures.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really must be traumatic to be taken away from litter mates and Mama. Sounds like you landed in a great place, even if it was all scary and strange at first. Looking forward to reading further diary entries of your adventures.
Yes, I still miss my original family but I have a good home. My new family is very loving and helped me adjust to my new home!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I write in my diary all week and I post my entry on Sunday or Saturday.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Olive diaries - Chapter two - Adopted?!

Hi,

I am Olive. I live in a cosy home in Calgary with my human, Kia. She loves me so much and I am pampered like a princess! I think we were meant to be together. But, many months ago, things were not the same but it was all about to change….

I was in my breeder’s car for around seven hours. There was a big box of food and water but I was too worried to eat. I started to wonder if the car was ever going to stop. Then finally the car came to a stop. I read a sign, we were in Leduc?! I started to pace around my crate, my siblings also looked worried. We all huddled into a ball. Then suddenly our breeder picked up Peanut! He tried to bite her and let out a loud yip. We all watched in horror as our breeder put a collar and a leash on his neck. Then a lady came out of a car and took the leash. This would never have happened under our mother and father’s watch. She talked to our breeder for a few minutes and walked away with Peanut. We all started to whine and whimper as she picked Peanut up, put him in the car and drove away. The same happened to Dixie, Ruby, Milo and Pepper. When she picked up Ginger, the normally shy pup leapt from her arms and ran around in the parking lot! The breeder chased her and finally caught her and gave her to her new family. Her escape to save the day was in vain. Then our breeder picked up me and Marble. He growled a low, fierce growl and bit the breeder with his tiny but sharp teeth. She quickly handed him to his new family and then it was my turn. When it was my turn my breeder discussed some care tips and how to pay. She said that I may be shy for a few days and I may cry at night. Then I was taken to a car and put inside a carrier. There was someone inside the car! “Hi baby Olive!” she said as she picked me up. I felt safe while sitting in her lap and I loved to be pet.I saw a toy inside her pocket and squirmed to get it. She carefully took the toy out. It was a carrot plush with a face. It is still my favourite toy. I grabbed the toy. She put me in a crate so I could sleep and play safely. I later learned that her name is Kia. I fell asleep and I slept for around an hour when I woke up, Kia took me out and played with me and then I fell asleep again! When I woke up the car had stopped and Kia was trying to take my carrier into a house. When we were inside she opened the carrier door and let me out! I sniffed the air and my new surroundings and then chased and nipped Kia. I was not shy at all! We played with some toys and then I finally found my bed and fell asleep….
Olive

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm so glad that Kia is your new home and that you are loved so very much :).

·
Super Moderator
3,369 Posts
Chapter 2 was rough, with so much uncertainty. It sounds like Olive's brothers and sisters were very angry or scared to leave their original family. We can hope their new families turned out to be as wonderful as Olive's new family: you.

You have a talented way of seeing things from the puppies' point of view.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts