Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a toy and while searching I found a breeder who has a some red males available.
She wrote me and said she does these tests ( HEALTH PERFORMED BY LICENSED VETERINARIAN All adults are PRA Optigen TESTED and Genetically tested ) I was wondering if anyone has heard of her?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I don’t know them but looked at their website and facebook page briefly and I would pass. Her dogs look very average and I haven’t seen a single one that was properly groomed. They all looked disheveled. I didn’t see any infos about testing either and I have a feeling the « champions » in the bloodline must be very far down the family tree.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
If you'd like some suggestions there's a Breeder List here

If you look thru that list, review the Health information (great strides there in the science), then don't skip the multi state listings, and particularly don't skip the Poodle Club of America Breeder Referral for your region (or search "Poodle Club of ___").

Conscientious breeders have a waitlist at the best of times and with pandemic puppy seekers, that wait is stretched well into 2021. There have been more than a few serendipitous contacts between seeker and breeder, so don't be put off by the thought of a waitlist. Also, don't be put off if online sites aren't particularly updated.

Be prepared to spend in the range of $1500 to up to $3000 at the top end. Conscientious breeders are not padding pricing due to Covid.

Reactions: kathy09

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far I have checked with two different toy breeders and both are 3500 I really would be happier with 2500 or less I know of another breeder who's price is 2500 but she has mini's her dogs are so beautiful I've never owned a mini I don' know how much they can weigh I haven't researched them much I know their height can be 10 to 15 inches she has black males and a black females.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I'm on mini's number 6 and 7. All of mine have been in size, Height and weight of my earliest girls is lost in the mists of time, but Sass was toward the upper limit of in size and reached a way too high weight of 22lbs at the height of her "Dad fed too many table scraps" years. I got her down to 17lbs and under.
My girls after Sass, Holly and Noel, were smaller mini's and matured at about 11" and 12lbs for Holly and about 13" and 14lbs for Noel.
My boys now are each about 1" taller but the same weight respectively.

Toys and mini's both can go oversize, but it's not bred for, and just happens occasionally. Genetics like to play little tricks :). This is where the breeder knowing their lines really helps.

For some everyday living perspective:

For scale, my about 14"h 14lb mpoo, Neo with his 5'9" poopop.

"I got it I got it I don't got it..."

Remo, my smaller boy, at the kitchen table

Neo same place

Perspective to legs (the giant shuttlecock is the Nelson Art Gallery's little joke)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm on mini's number 6 and 7. All of mine have been in size, Height and weight of my earliest girls is lost in the mists of time, but Sass was toward the upper limit of in size and reached a way too high weight of 22lbs at the height of her "Dad fed too many table scraps" years. I got her down to 17lbs and under.
My girls after Sass, Holly and Noel, were smaller mini's and matured at about 11" and 12lbs for Holly and about 13" and 14lbs for Noel.
My boys now are each about 1" taller but the same weight respectively.

Toys and mini's both can go oversize, but it's not bred for, and just happens occasionally. Genetics like to play little tricks :). This is where the breeder knowing their lines really helps.

For some everyday living perspective:

For scale, my about 14"h 14lb mpoo, Neo with his 5'9" poopop.

"I got it I got it I don't got it..."

Remo, my smaller boy, at the kitchen table
View attachment 471811

Neo same place
View attachment 471812

Perspective to legs (the giant shuttlecock is the Nelson Art Gallery's little joke)
View attachment 471813
Thank you for posting the pictures they help so much

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Dulcinea, if it's the kennel I'm thinking of, has sent dogs to Westminster. They have reached a level where one of my concerns would be if you are dealing with the kennel and not a scammer pretending to be them. (2020 has left me paranoid.)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Reactions: kathy09

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She does have a couple of dogs that won Westminster she seems really nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts