Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I had at least one poodle, often more, in my life from the 1980s until 5 years ago when I lost my last wee friend. I'm ready to lose my (broken) heart, and maybe my mind, again, and wanting to connect with the community.
Thanks
Wist

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh dear, no edit function.

I want to make clear that my heart was broken long ago and that I'm fine, finally, and ready to break it again. But i'm find. :0)

·
Premium Member
9,622 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I’m glad you are ready to throw your heart into the ring again. If you need any help finding a breeder, let us know where you’re searching.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Twyla, I'm on a MacBook but I can't see anything that says edit. Where is the icon? Thanks for your help!

ETA: And I have an edit function now. Big thanks to whoever made that happen. :0)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Twyla,

In answer to your question, I had a beautiful and wise 50 lb standard poodle from the time she was 8 weeks; a grouchy 12 lb poodle/bichon, adopted at 7 years; a profoundly sweet 18 lb mostly poodle from 5 mo..

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Twyla, I'm on a MacBook but I can't see anything that says edit. Where is the icon? Thanks for your help!

ETA: And I have an edit function now. Big thanks to whoever made that happen. :0)
Welcome to the forum !

You only have about 1 hour after posting to edit. After that, the Edit button will disappear. I don’t know why it’s that way. I don’t find it convenient at all.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Well WELCOME TO PF! I am glad to hear you are ready to fill that hole left in your heart and hope you will let us help you! Just tell us what you are looking for and I'm sure someone here will help to guide you to the perfect-for-you poodle!

Reactions: Wist and Mufar42

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can really identify with you! I was concerned being a "senior citizen" that getting a poo puppy would be a mistake but being a widow and having lost my prior poodle 3 years before and then having my lab pass with cancer I was at that point to put my heart and soul into this little guy. He is a constant joy, keeps me thinking and moving and meeting new people.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great bunch of people here who are understanding and informative. I too am older and retired and I have a almost 11 month old standard. I've had many dogs but he i my first poodle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks much everyone for your welcome and encouragement.

When I said I was an "oldie", I meant I was not a newbie when it came to poodles. That said, I am also a senior - much to my ongoing astonishment, so I qualify in all respects ;0)

Life just isn't as good without a poodle in it.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome :0)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've had many dogs but he i my first poodle.
I think we all have a special place in our hearts for whatever kind of dog it is we love. And, of course, it is their very dogginess that makes us love poodles so much. That and the fact that they are geniuses! ;0)

·
Premium Member
9,622 Posts
“Life just isn’t as good without a poodle in it”. I feel exactly that way, although I used to use the generic “dog” before I got a poodle:). What size are you looking for in Ontario?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts