Poodle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow poodle lovers!

I was on this forum quite a bit 5-6 years ago, and then life intruded and I lost touch. But I still ADORE poodles, and after lurking for a week or so decided to get back on.

I have had poodles for over 35 years, and at one point had 3 (2 toys and a standard鈥擨 was a lot younger then). We now are down to one, an almost 5 year old coal-black 8 pound female toy named JoJo. She is a lively, delightfully nutty poodly girl, and we love her very much. My son and his wife have 2 spoos, a parti girl and a red boy. We all love poos馃槏

It has been a rough couple of months for me. I recently had very painful wrist surgery, and with that and COVID lockdown I have had a lot of down time. I also lost my elderly dad after a brief illness the day after Christmas. Needing something positive and uplifting, I returned to this forum, and it has really helped. I have so enjoyed reconnecting with the poodle community. I especially love seeing all the photos of everyone鈥檚 poodle babies. It has really lifted my spirits. For that, thank you all.

I am a retired writer and live in Portland, Oregon with my hubby, and have 2 young grandkids. Jo and the oldest are almost the same age, so they have grown up together. In non-COVID times we do day care for both grands, and Jo follows them around constantly. She is a real sweetie pie, and has been a great comfort to me lately. Amazing how much better our dogs make us feel. Not sure what I would do without her sleeping next to me. Or ON me. She is a godsend 馃挄.

I will post a photo of Jo as soon as I remember how.

Lexigirl

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I was on this forum quite a bit 5-6 years ago, and then life intruded and I lost touch. But I still ADORE poodles, and after lurking for a week or so decided to get back on.

I have had poodles for over 35 years, and at one point had 3 (2 toys and a standard鈥擨 was a lot younger then). We now are down to one, an almost 5 year old coal-black 8 pound female toy named JoJo. She is a lively, delightfully nutty poodly girl, and we love her very much. My son and his wife have 2 spoos, a parti girl and a red boy. We all love poos馃槏

It has been a rough couple of months for me. I recently had very painful wrist surgery, and with that and COVID lockdown I have had a lot of down time. I also lost my elderly dad after a brief illness the day after Christmas. Needing something positive and uplifting, I returned to this forum, and it has really helped. I have so enjoyed reconnecting with the poodle community. I especially love seeing all the photos of everyone鈥檚 poodle babies. It has really lifted my spirits. For that, thank you all.

I am a retired writer and live in Portland, Oregon with my hubby, and have 2 young grandkids. Jo and the oldest are almost the same age, so they have grown up together. In non-COVID times we do day care for both grands, and Jo follows them around constantly. She is a real sweetie pie, and has been a great comfort to me lately. Amazing how much better our dogs make us feel. Not sure what I would do without her sleeping next to me. Or ON me. She is a godsend 馃挄.

Lexigirl

Super Moderator

Lexigirl
Welcome back. I'm glad JoJo is taking care of you. She is darling.

Premium Member
Welcome back - Jo is a poppet!

Premium Member
What a lovely little one - and so sorry about your Dad. The wrist is so complicated and may be a part of your pain in healing. Anyway glad you could come back on the forum - you are right, we are always here for you to share the ups and downs.

Premium Member
Welcome Back! Jojo is adorable, congratulations! I have to add my condolences for your Dad. Both of my parents are now gone and it鈥檚 the worst. I put a wind chime in a tree in the yard and when it chimes, I remember them as well as uncles and aunts and dear friends who are no longer here. Hugs!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for all for the friendly welcome back, and sorry it took me so long to respond. Typing is a challenge right now and I have to pace myself. I find my iPad works the best, so here I am, a nice fire going, with JoJo stretched out next to me, taking her morning nap.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lexigirl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.