Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow poodle lovers!

I was on this forum quite a bit 5-6 years ago, and then life intruded and I lost touch. But I still ADORE poodles, and after lurking for a week or so decided to get back on.

I have had poodles for over 35 years, and at one point had 3 (2 toys and a standard鈥擨 was a lot younger then). We now are down to one, an almost 5 year old coal-black 8 pound female toy named JoJo. She is a lively, delightfully nutty poodly girl, and we love her very much. My son and his wife have 2 spoos, a parti girl and a red boy. We all love poos馃槏

It has been a rough couple of months for me. I recently had very painful wrist surgery, and with that and COVID lockdown I have had a lot of down time. I also lost my elderly dad after a brief illness the day after Christmas. Needing something positive and uplifting, I returned to this forum, and it has really helped. I have so enjoyed reconnecting with the poodle community. I especially love seeing all the photos of everyone鈥檚 poodle babies. It has really lifted my spirits. For that, thank you all.

I am a retired writer and live in Portland, Oregon with my hubby, and have 2 young grandkids. Jo and the oldest are almost the same age, so they have grown up together. In non-COVID times we do day care for both grands, and Jo follows them around constantly. She is a real sweetie pie, and has been a great comfort to me lately. Amazing how much better our dogs make us feel. Not sure what I would do without her sleeping next to me. Or ON me. She is a godsend 馃挄.

I will post a photo of Jo as soon as I remember how.

Lexigirl

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I was on this forum quite a bit 5-6 years ago, and then life intruded and I lost touch. But I still ADORE poodles, and after lurking for a week or so decided to get back on.

I have had poodles for over 35 years, and at one point had 3 (2 toys and a standard鈥擨 was a lot younger then). We now are down to one, an almost 5 year old coal-black 8 pound female toy named JoJo. She is a lively, delightfully nutty poodly girl, and we love her very much. My son and his wife have 2 spoos, a parti girl and a red boy. We all love poos馃槏

It has been a rough couple of months for me. I recently had very painful wrist surgery, and with that and COVID lockdown I have had a lot of down time. I also lost my elderly dad after a brief illness the day after Christmas. Needing something positive and uplifting, I returned to this forum, and it has really helped. I have so enjoyed reconnecting with the poodle community. I especially love seeing all the photos of everyone鈥檚 poodle babies. It has really lifted my spirits. For that, thank you all.

I am a retired writer and live in Portland, Oregon with my hubby, and have 2 young grandkids. Jo and the oldest are almost the same age, so they have grown up together. In non-COVID times we do day care for both grands, and Jo follows them around constantly. She is a real sweetie pie, and has been a great comfort to me lately. Amazing how much better our dogs make us feel. Not sure what I would do without her sleeping next to me. Or ON me. She is a godsend 馃挄.

Lexigirl

Super Moderator

Lexigirl
Welcome back. I'm glad JoJo is taking care of you. She is darling.

Premium Member
Welcome back! They are the best of us, aren't they :)

Premium Member
Welcome back - Jo is a poppet!

Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
Welcome back! Glad you have sweet Jo around to cheer you and mind the grands.

Premium Member
What a lovely little one - and so sorry about your Dad. The wrist is so complicated and may be a part of your pain in healing. Anyway glad you could come back on the forum - you are right, we are always here for you to share the ups and downs.

Premium Member
Welcome Back! Jojo is adorable, congratulations! I have to add my condolences for your Dad. Both of my parents are now gone and it鈥檚 the worst. I put a wind chime in a tree in the yard and when it chimes, I remember them as well as uncles and aunts and dear friends who are no longer here. Hugs!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for all for the friendly welcome back, and sorry it took me so long to respond. Typing is a challenge right now and I have to pace myself. I find my iPad works the best, so here I am, a nice fire going, with JoJo stretched out next to me, taking her morning nap.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lexigirl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts