Poodle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
I鈥檒l bet you could get something around your neighbourhood because there are a lot of dogs who need more exercise than they鈥檙e getting and that could lead to pet sitting. I myself was desperate for someone to walk one of my poodles and she didn鈥檛 even need the exercise, but to give her something fun for her to do while I was gone. It worked pretty well too, once I found someone. Do you see anyone walking their dogs near you? What if you struck up a conversation and gave them your email and told them you鈥檙e looking for dog walking/pet sitting jobs? Then you could choose the safest seeming people and have a bit of control over who gets your contact, and what the dog is like. You prob don鈥檛 want to walk some out of control dog that has no leash manners and tries to beat up other dogs you come across lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I鈥檒l bet you could get something around your neighbourhood because there are a lot of dogs who need more exercise than they鈥檙e getting and that could lead to pet sitting. I myself was desperate for someone to walk one of my poodles and she didn鈥檛 even need the exercise, but to give her something fun for her to do while I was gone. It worked pretty well too, once I found someone. Do you see anyone walking their dogs near you? What if you struck up a conversation and gave them your email and told them you鈥檙e looking for dog walking/pet sitting jobs? Then you could choose the safest seeming people and have a bit of control over who gets your contact, and what the dog is like. You prob don鈥檛 want to walk some out of control dog that has no leash manners and tries to beat up other dogs you come across lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I probably can, but I almost never see anyone out with their dog anymore馃槥 lol no I don't want to walk dogs like that馃槹

Super Moderator
Hey Fenris! I have an idea. If your Mom agrees, check your school website and see if the email addresses are listed for your teachers, and offer your services. Some might be going on vacation and need a sitter. You know they would be safe to work with compared to the general public, and they know you personally. Again, get permission from your mother first.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Hey Fenris! I have an idea. If your Mom agrees, check your school website and see if the email addresses are listed for your teachers, and offer your services. Some might be going on vacation and need a sitter. You know they would be safe to work with compared to the general public, and they know you personally. Again, get permission from your mother first.
Thank you, Vita! I would do that, but I finished high school a few years ago, and I don't know any of my teachers yet for my college. I'm seeing if I can get in this fall馃榾

Super Moderator
Thank you! I probably can, but I almost never see anyone out with their dog anymore馃槥 lol no I don't want to walk dogs like that馃槹
The folks who aren't out walking, might be the ones who most need your assistance! Does your building have a bulletin board? Or do you use Nextdoor? Both would be great ways to connect with other owners.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
The folks who aren't out walking, might be the ones who most need your assistance! Does your building have a bulletin board? Or do you use Nextdoor? Both would be great ways to connect with other owners.
You're right! Thank you PTP馃槶 we don't have a bulletin board, but people post things up on the mailboxes. Do you think I should too? I just got the app, but there is no Nextdoor neighborhood for here馃槥 I'm still going to sign up on Rover, and should be finished setting up my account soon or tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out what days and times would be good for me. 馃馃え馃

Registered
Somebody put flyers for pet sitting on all of our dog poop trash cans in the neighborhood last year, and I have seen people taking pictures of said flyers. Maybe you have a similar area/object?

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Somebody put flyers for pet sitting on all of our dog poop trash cans in the neighborhood last year, and I have seen people taking pictures of said flyers. Maybe you have a similar area/object?
I have mailboxes that are all together, so if I put flyers up there, everyone could see them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Okay, guys! I am finishing up signing up on Rover and I'm going to leave up flyers on the mail boxes. How much do you guys think I should charge for my apartment complex? I'm only going to do weekends for now with Rover so that my mom is off of work and can help if something happens until I learn how to drive. I'm going to be pet-sitting any sized dog breeds and will even pet-sit puppies. Let's hope that I get clients!!

Registered
Okay, guys! I am finishing up signing up on Rover and I'm going to leave up flyers on the mail boxes. How much do you guys think I should charge for my apartment complex? I'm only going to do weekends for now with Rover so that my mom is off of work and can help if something happens until I learn how to drive. I'm going to be pet-sitting any sized dog breeds and will even pet-sit puppies. Let's hope that I get clients!!
I think my dogsitter charges 12$ CAD for a 30 minute walk and 8$ for just petsitting at the house (she will give water and food, let them out and stay with them for 30 minutes total.

She is cheaper than most I believe.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts