Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't look like I'm pet-sitting the kitten I had talked about. For peeps who didn't know, one of my neighbors had asked if I could pet-sit her new kitten, but she hasn't contacted me. I am frustrated because I actually had worked for a lady who does pet sitting. I was so happy because it would have been my real first job, but it turned out bad because we were supposed to be a team and I only got payed $10 just once, she didn't tell me we had got new clients, and she just wanted to use me as a spare daughter and as a ear to listen to. NOT FUN AT ALL AND IT WAS VERY UPSETTING. Sisko's breeder had asked me mouths ago if I would pet-sit some of her dogs and I never heard back, and now I don't hear back from my neighbor. I know plans can get changed or canceled, but to not say anything really pisses me off.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Maybe she hasn’t needed pet sitting yet ? Can you contact her ? I hope it works out.

If not maybe you can offer your help on your local facebook group ? Lots of people respond to those.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe she hasn’t needed pet sitting yet ? Can you contact her ? I hope it works out.

If not maybe you can offer your help on your local facebook group ? Lots of people respond to those.
She didn't give me her number. Thank you.

I really don't like Facebook, but I am really considering joining.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or sign up as a sitter on Rover! That's where we found ours and she's fantastic.
Thank you! Awesome! I was signing up, but I don't have my own car and don't know if I could get any jobs in a walkable distance. Do you think it's still worth a try? I was also thinking about Wag! too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Rover might still work out. You can set meet and greets to be at your house and people will usually drive their pets to you. You might not be able to sign up for dog walking unless you can walk there, but their platform is pretty flexible.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I don't want to come off the wrong way, but not having a car could be holding you back. I only say this because if I were to hire a pet sitter transportation would be a must, bc if something ever happened I would want them to take the pet for help. I'm only saying this so maybe when you make the account come up with an alternative ICE options. That way you can list to show that even though you don't have a car you do have a plan or options for emergencies.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rover might still work out. You can set meet and greets to be at your house and people will usually drive their pets to you. You might not be able to sign up for dog walking unless you can walk there, but their platform is pretty flexible.
Okay, thank you! The only thing is that my mom doesn't want anyone else's pets in our apartment. I can kind of understand that, but I sometimes feel like it is always something that gets in the way of my plans.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't want to come off the wrong way, but not having a car could be holding you back. I only say this because if I were to hire a pet sitter transportation would be a must, bc if something ever happened I would want them to take the pet for help. I'm only saying this so maybe when you make the account come up with an alternative ICE options. That way you can list to show that even though you don't have a car you do have a plan or options for emergencies.
That is very true. I feel the same way. What does ICE stand for? I'm not familiar with it. I do need to come up with a plan or options for emergencies.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Ferris, I wanted to add that I think that you'd make a great pet sitter. You have patience, a knowledge base, and a love of animals that many people far older lack.
Completely agree!

I wish I would have been so lucky to have had someone like Fenris-wolf around when I lived hours away from family and I needed someone to watch Miracle. I wouldn't trust her with just anyone.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts