Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something for some of you to laugh at;

So training is a big part of my dog's daily lives right, (obviously lol). Taking care of my garden is cutting into some of that training/playtime. So I'm falling into a new routine the last week or so. I play with the dogs and water the garden in the back. Then take a break to do the front yard without dogs and maybe watch a minute or two of the early news cast on TV. Back into the backyard before it gets dark to work. The idea was have only one dog out in the yard with me at a time for bulk of any one training session. Saleen went first yesterday. She did GREAT and for the first time seems super charged about training and playing with me. *HAPPY DANCE*. Anyway when I was finished I stuck her back in the house and pulled Jazz out in the yard for a little workout. She's was so excited because Saleen is getting the bulk of the work lately, new puppy and all. There are things like car rides and puppy classes and such Jazz cannot participate in because I don't want Saleen to become dependent on Jazz.... I also don't want her to become really dependent on me either.... but thats a lesson for later.
Anyway so Jazz and I are working and I can hear saleen in the house barking. I ignored and now I wish I hadn't. I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye and looked up towards the backdoor. Saleen had her head and front feet poking through the mini blinds in on the backdoor's window.... :mmph: I went over to get her out of the blinds only to find that there really wasn't much left of them.... Uh oh.... Hubby was going to be MAD!! Bad Beanie!!! LoL I pulled her out in the yard and clipped her to the 15 foot long line and hooked it to the big dead stump in our yard for the rest of Jazz's workout.

Hubby, as predicted, was really mad about the mini blinds... in 6 months we've replaced several thanks to the cats. Now we have the wooden ones in all the bedrooms. The backdoor was the only place regular cheapie mini blinds still existed. Lucky for the bad bean and I (and really it's my fault, not Saleen's), our new DVR came in the mail so Hubby had fun setting that up and forgot all about being mad at us. :)

Now I think I need to work on some seperations so she doesn't tear stuff up when I leave her alone... Oh well, I'd rather have that problem than the dog who didn't care if I existed or not, which is what we started with.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Something for some of you to laugh at;

So training is a big part of my dog's daily lives right, (obviously lol). Taking care of my garden is cutting into some of that training/playtime. So I'm falling into a new routine the last week or so. I play with the dogs and water the garden in the back. Then take a break to do the front yard without dogs and maybe watch a minute or two of the early news cast on TV. Back into the backyard before it gets dark to work. The idea was have only one dog out in the yard with me at a time for bulk of any one training session. Saleen went first yesterday. She did GREAT and for the first time seems super charged about training and playing with me. *HAPPY DANCE*. Anyway when I was finished I stuck her back in the house and pulled Jazz out in the yard for a little workout. She's was so excited because Saleen is getting the bulk of the work lately, new puppy and all. There are things like car rides and puppy classes and such Jazz cannot participate in because I don't want Saleen to become dependent on Jazz.... I also don't want her to become really dependent on me either.... but thats a lesson for later.
Anyway so Jazz and I are working and I can hear saleen in the house barking. I ignored and now I wish I hadn't. I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye and looked up towards the backdoor. Saleen had her head and front feet poking through the mini blinds in on the backdoor's window.... :mmph: I went over to get her out of the blinds only to find that there really wasn't much left of them.... Uh oh.... Hubby was going to be MAD!! Bad Beanie!!! LoL I pulled her out in the yard and clipped her to the 15 foot long line and hooked it to the big dead stump in our yard for the rest of Jazz's workout.

Hubby, as predicted, was really mad about the mini blinds... in 6 months we've replaced several thanks to the cats. Now we have the wooden ones in all the bedrooms. The backdoor was the only place regular cheapie mini blinds still existed. Lucky for the bad bean and I (and really it's my fault, not Saleen's), our new DVR came in the mail so Hubby had fun setting that up and forgot all about being mad at us. :)

Now I think I need to work on some seperations so she doesn't tear stuff up when I leave her alone... Oh well, I'd rather have that problem than the dog who didn't care if I existed or not, which is what we started with.
HAHAHAH , My gsd would want to be with us so much she would take window fan out the window, then jump through the screen over a bush below the window and wait for us to come home. or somethimes she would jump over our fence and wait. The fences was only 5ft or 4ft lol.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That's a great story! LOL Sorry you and Bean got in trouble though. Darn those spoos. They're always getting us into trouble! LOL

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems like she and I are the bean team and always causing trouble. Hubby is going to kick us out if we keep it up... LoL
He is sorry he went and got Saleen now, she is just entering the stage in her life where tearing up everything she can get hold of is the cool thing to do.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mandy and Casey have to go in their crates with a good bone when I work the other outside. I can't imagine the mess I would come inside to.
As for chewing I found chewing worse around 7 months old then ever before. Amazing smart 6 month old girl turns 7 -9 months and chewed things she never touched.
Glad she is doing much better though.

Casey goes to class each Wednesday and hubby used to call and ask why she is whining so much but either she has settled down or he doesn't bother calling any more.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
she was probably trying to get through the blind and out the window ha ha - that would have been a good picture!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she was probably trying to get through the blind and out the window ha ha - that would have been a good picture!
Hahah, I didn't want a picture!!!! "Gee, Honey I don't know how the blinds got like that.... " I couldn't get away with that if I take photos of everything lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
those crazy poodles! It's amazing what they will chew! I have a pen in my house for when I am at work/out because I know Schumann would eat the house. Well, I soon discovered that they can also jump really high! Came home to find a loose poodle one evening so in an effort to "fortify" the pen, I covered the top with chicken wire. A few weeks later I went out for the evening and came home to find my poodle sitting in his pen with a LARGE hole in the wire roof. "Schumann!" I say, "What did you do?!!" to which he replies with a very large belch! LOL It turns out that your poodle's teeth double as wire cutters when necessary. The crazy poodle had actually chewed through the wire. Luckily he was smart enough to spit out the pieces of wire, so he was actually sitting in a pile of wire shards when I found him. Needless to say, I spent the next 48hours nervously watching him and wondering if we were going to be making a trip to the vet emergency!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, we broke down and got those expensive wooden blinds to put in all the widows because of the cats. Saleen tore up the only set of regular mini's that we had in the house :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts