Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have groomed Riley many times in the past, but none of them have turned out so well. I ordered some new/different sized scissors. Tonight i shaved f/f, cleaned ears, dremeled nails, bathed, blew dry, comb, shave body, scissor legs and head, shaved ears. Whew! Where both tired almost 4 hours later! I havnt scissored legs in Such a Long time! They arnt the best by any means, but im pretty pleased. Saved myself 70 bucks too. :) So???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It's so exciting to get new tools. He looks very soft and velvety. I'm impressed with how even the legs are.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
he does look good! I personally liked the length his legs were BEFORE, but he looks good now too! hehe. I also personally prefer a tight butt to a poofy one, but then Jak likes Saffy having a poofy butt, so each to their own!! lol!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean "tight butt"? I too liked the length of his legs before, but i seriously do Not have the time to upkeep them! He has such thick fur, and i dont have the desire to do it right now (plus he Hates having his legs brushed, so easier on him to keep it short).
I wanted a different back leg affect. Like really tight at the top and flair out near the bottom. Im obviously not there in my skill level yet! :eek:hwell: I also had a hard time physically reaching some areas to scissor.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
by 'tight butt' I mean I shave right down the hip & side of the leg, almost like a schnauzer (though not as 'low' as a sch...) rather than leave it all full (even though it's scissored down and blended in)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I think he looks nice, love how you blended the legs into the body, yay! I love blended legs. I'm not a big fan of the "hips" look, or as one client of mine once called it the big shoulders and "saddle bags" rofl.

LoL, grooming isn't what first jumps to my mind when I thnk 'tight butt" rofl... can't wait to have one of those :p

·
Registered
356 Posts
Overall, it's GOOD ! ! ! ! However, I agree with flyingduster and would have preferred you take off some of the butt/hips. If you aren't adventurous enough to try clipping those areas tight (sort of like a schnauzer pattern like FD suggested), then maybe do something like a 1/2" clipper comb attachment in the pseudo schnauzer pattern. It'll bring those hips/bum in tighter. Also, I liked the fullness of the "before" picture on the front of the bottom of the back legs . I'm just being nit-picky though.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I think you did a great job for what you were going for. I too like the longer leg hair. But maintenance wise this is a good cut to go for.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh! He looks great! Isn't it so satisfying to do your own clipping? I love the feeling I get when I'm all done cleaning up my dogs and they look so clean and fluffy and I did it MYSELF! Great job on your boy!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts