Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Babykins loves her toys and is extremely gentle with them so I was surprised when she was acting weird with her stuffed Lambchop toy. She was dissecting out the guts.

I can save Lambchop with emergency surgery. I stuffed the innards back in and can sew up the wound.

But I’m wondering if she remembers disemboweling Lambchop once will she continue to try to do it again?

Normally she just runs around the house making Lambchop squeak.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
I think Noelle has been secretly texting Babykins behind our backs. Noelle does not just gently chew Lamb Chop toys. With the reckless abandon of a serial toy murderer, Noelle pounces on her unsuspecting toy and grabs it by the throat. In a savage frenzy, Noelle removes the spinal column first, before flipping Lamb Chop over and eviscerating it. The toy is flung side to side, scattering its fluffy intestines on the sofa and under the coffee table.

But Noelle is not through with Lamb Chop, not yet. Next she holds the toy down with her paws and rips out the still beating heart with her teeth. Lamb Chop's heart lets out a final bloodcurdling squeak before falling silent as this demon in a poodle suit punctures the plastic heart in her jaws. Lamb Chop, freed from its suffering, is now an empty shell devoid of life, and fluffy stuffing, and squeaking heart. In a final act of desecration, Noelle splits Lamb Chop's remains in half, and drags them from the living room, down the hallway, to the bedroom at the back of the house. What she does next is truly horrifying.

As if torturing and murdering Lamb Chop was not cruel enough, showing no remorse, or respect for the dead, Noelle removes Lamb Chops face. What was once a vibrant, happy, fluffy Lamb Chop living her life at the pet store is no more. Alas, Lamb Chop met the same fate as our dearly departed Sock Monkey.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Ahhhh Poor Lambie! Molly loves her Lambchop deeply.... and her original pink one has lost an ear due to being carried around by it, and the seams have needed repair, but this lambie is 6 years old! She has others but they are the newer white colored ones and she only occasionally will pull one out of her toy box.

BUT her 'poodle dog' she disemboweled ..... it is the first and only stuffie she has ever de-stuffed! I repaired it and since then it has stayed in one piece (minus it's fluffy ear puffs, it now has 'german' ears!......... I think to her it was competition on who was cuter and she just was not havin' it! LOL!!!:drama:

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Milo has a kinder chocolate bunny stuffed toy,he tried to disembowelled it once, I did emergency surgery. I find he likes to thrash it side to side, but if he finds a hole on the toy, he will try to disembowelled it again, but so far my stitching this time is tight. The same can’t be said of his angry bird stuffed ball, it went to stuffy heaven, repaired many times.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Both of my dogs are death on stuffed toys, rip them to pieces ASAP, so we get the ones we call roadkill, flat, with a few squeakers inside. We monitor and throw away the squeakers once the dogs have removed them, but they continue to play with the bodies for months. A couple of weeks ago, I was at PetCo for treats and new roadkill toys, when I saw a little yellow stuffed duck that had a quacker inside. It was so cute that I bought it, even though I knew the dogs would kill it in 15 minutes.

Not so. Blue got it first, and when it quacked at him, he leaped back, circled it, lay down and watched it for a few minutes before he tried to pick it up again. The first day, he was cautious, but it was HIS DUCK, no doubt about it. He growled at Jazz when she got near it, only the second time in his life that he's done that. (The first was when she got too close to a chipmunk he'd just killed. He growled, then he gulped it down whole, and two hours later he threw it up on the living room carpet, still intact but considerably worse for wear.)

Several times that day the responsibility was just too much for him, he started to whimper and cry while he held it, so I put it away in a closet, but he'd go looking for it until I gave it back. For a while, he slept with that duck. He's chewed off the wings and tail and pulled the stuffing out of its head, but the rest of it lives on, even though the quacker no longer works. He isn't as interested in it as he was, but he still cuddles with it on occasion. And Jazz never touches it.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Our destuffer is Peeves who also like to remove appendages. There are a few toys that are so precious to Lily that I keep them for her to play with when they (Lily and Peeves) are in separate places. Javelin doesn't really play with toys. Here is Peeves latest victim, a sea turtle, so I guess he needs to be prosecuted for violating the endangered species act.

turtle.jpg

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, these stories are so funny. Babykins is in good company then with this barbaric level of destruction.

In our case I think I can make Lambchop completely whole again with a plastic surgical repair of her back.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Sam and Cammie have lambchops in all 3 sizes. They are generally pretty gentle with their toys. But Bob (for those of you who remember Bob) was my toy murderer. Here's a picture of Bob taken shortly after he came to live with me in 2004. And the next photo shows the results of Bob performing heart surgery. The last photo is Sam demonstrating our no-toys-outside rule. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, Bob clearly looks exhausted after a hard day of butchering his toy.

We have a no-toys-outside rule too .............which has been broken on several occasions.

·
Super Moderator
3,139 Posts
Bella's first LambChop lasted from when she was 2 month to about 7 months old. The second one lasted from 8 to 9 months. The third one has fared better, from 9 months to the present.

The LambChops are her only stuffed toys that she's chewed up. Since they're only $4 bucks, I never cared. I'd rather her chewing them up than my stuff.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Our 6 month old will start disemboweling any stuffed toy within a day of receiving it. We stick mostly to the "Tuffy" brand toys and others of similar construction. The funny thing though, is that he has this really small stuffed duck squeaky toy, and I mean small. Our niece gave it to him when she first came to meet him the week we brought him home. He was only 9 weeks old and so small himself that it was the perfect size toy for him then. Four months later and he still LOVES that duck and is sooooo gentle with it despite the fact that he could rip it in two in a heartbeat if he wanted. It's like a security blanket to him :)

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh no, with all these violent poodles viciously ripping the innards out of innocent little Lamb Chops, we better get a campaign to put Lamb Chop on the Endangered Species list quickly.

Who is instigating these attacks? The poodles must be innocent.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I would save lamb chops with emergency surgery myself. I also have lamb chops and it is Happy’s favorite toy. He would groom his little stuffed toy as if it were his girlfriend. It makes me laugh. After Lucky and Kit came along we had to replace lambchops 1 and got lambchops 2. Happy seems to treat the replacement the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
Oh no, with all these violent poodles viciously ripping the innards out of innocent little Lamb Chops, we better get a campaign to put Lamb Chop on the Endangered Species list quickly.

Who is instigating these attacks? The poodles must be innocent.
I have a theory. I found Noelle under the bed. She had a strange contraption with her. I believe, although I have not tested this, that she has invented a transporter beam. While your poodles are innocently snoozing, Noelle is sneaking into your homes and murdering Lamb Chop toys. I will keep a close eye on her. I apologize for any damage she may...

Oh, no. I just saw some flashing lights. ZAP!

Noelle? Noelle? Where are you? Uh oh. Not again!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Dear Noelle,
You can come to my house and destroy any Lambchop you want here, as long as you promise to transport me some of Snow's dumplings.
:eating:
Sincerely Craving Dumplings,
:love2:
LAUREL

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a theory. I found Noelle under the bed. She had a strange contraption with her. I believe, although I have not tested this, that she has invented a transporter beam. While your poodles are innocently snoozing, Noelle is sneaking into your homes and murdering Lamb Chop toys. I will keep a close eye on her. I apologize for any damage she may...

Oh, no. I just saw some flashing lights. ZAP!

Noelle? Noelle? Where are you? Uh oh. Not again!
Noelle is always welcome to transport here. Babykins would love to romp around with her. And Laurel had a smart idea, Noelle can distribute Snow’s dumplings to us too so we can celebrate.

Alas I cannot blame Noelle, I caught Babykins redhanded. She’s guilty.

Reactions: snow0160

·
Registered
331 Posts
Little lambchops was the first toy I gave Mimi. I gave it to her for the ride home when we picked her up from the breeders thinking it would comfort her and be a stand in for the litter mates she was leaving behind. At 8 weeks she and lambchops were the same size and she loved it, sleeping with it and carrying it with her everywhere.

But Mimi grew much bigger and one day dismembered lambchops (I got to her right as she was gnoshing the squeaker).

Last week we were in the pet food store and Mimi saw a really BIG lamb chops that is the same size as she is now. She wanted it bad and whined and danced until I finally broke down and bought it.

All week she’s played & puppy fought with it, very cute.

Until today when she began humping it!
Mimi is a barely 6 month old minipoo girl, she’s never humped anything... how the heck did it happen?! Where did she learn it???!!!
And, last but not least, POOR LAMBCHOPS!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Little lambchops was the first toy I gave Mimi. I gave it to her for the ride home when we picked her up from the breeders thinking it would comfort her and be a stand in for the litter mates she was leaving behind. At 8 weeks she and lambchops were the same size and she loved it, sleeping with it and carrying it with her everywhere.

But Mimi grew much bigger and one day dismembered lambchops (I got to her right as she was gnoshing the squeaker).

Last week we were in the pet food store and Mimi saw a really BIG lamb chops that is the same size as she is now. She wanted it bad and whined and danced until I finally broke down and bought it.

All week she’s played & puppy fought with it, very cute.

Until today when she began humping it!
Mimi is a barely 6 month old minipoo girl, she’s never humped anything... how the heck did it happen?! Where did she learn it???!!!
And, last but not least, POOR LAMBCHOPS!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, poor Lamb Chop. Haha I’ve seen other dogs hump stuffed animals. It’s a domination issue, Mimi wanted Lamb Chop to know who is boss.

Reactions: doditwo

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh no, poor Lamb Chop. Haha I’ve seen other dogs hump stuffed animals. It’s a domination issue, Mimi wanted Lamb Chop to know who is boss.

Mimi may not be the only dog to hump lambchops but I hope she doesn’t mention it on BrooklynBonnie’s dating website.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts