Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So he started out with longer- but straight ears when groomed... then i hand scissored them shorter (and yeah no blood from the raw meat in them any more)

Then i went to clip his face and feet and got a bit clipper happy LOL so off wtih the ears they came- i LOVE them- at first i was like OMG but now i love them- just need that top knot to grow (ME the person who before hated top knots!!)

ignore the tearing eyes- we had an 'issue' between him and my little dog and his eyelid got a scratch on it- so he's been tearing up. . . lil buggers are now seperated 24/7 *sigh*

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Yeah I'm a huge fan of no ears on poodles. It helps a lot with the air flow too so it's very benefical.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i loved him with the scissored ears- but i love clipping *L* (you should see me do a horse- i always am 'ooh just a lil spot here- vrooom body clip next thing i know ) but these shaved ears are so growing on me- especially from the side SO handsome on him!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I love shaved ears too, but I also love long ears ROFL. They look great on him :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
looks great!!!
neVar, you should do the miniature horses, they ALL get full body clips! lol

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I love the shaved ears!! I used to scissor the edges of his ears to neaten them up, but found out by accident that it's faster and neater to zip around the edges with my Mini Arco. Much smoother. Gotta love those shaved ears!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i usually take out my need to clip on my pony- he's like clipping a bear- always ends up a 'body' clip with leaving the legs just blended. But this year- due to lack of time he's just got a bib- so now poor bernie.

I"M having a hard time leaving my aussie 'messy' she's got her first show in 2 weeks and her breeder is going to trim her up for me- so i'm just leaving her be so i don't screw anything up- to learn in person... but her feet- the ears ugg the dog driving me MAD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts