Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I follow a certain natural Wellness veterinarian and have really enjoyed many of her articles. They are an informative and refreshing (being from a vet) approach to caring for our pets by keeping them WELL, instead of treating them when they are sick.

Here's a little tidbit she posted about oatmeal shampoo and something I've been saying all along to those who ask about it.

Urban legend pet myth #34: bathe an itchy, yeasty dog in a grain-based shampoo (oatmeal). If your pup itches, pick an herbal or teatree based shampoo. Oatmeal will provide a carb source to feed staph and yeast on the skin=worse itch and irritation.

Her articles, videos, etc can be found at http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/dr-karen-becker.aspx

Just something to ponder ;)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I didn't know that, but it makes so much sense. I have NEVER bathed any of my dogs or client dogs in Oatmeal Shampoo. It is the biggest No NO I hear vets tell clients. Oh Wait, the biggest no-no is to use Baby Shampoo. Nothing cause stickier hair that gets dirty quicker and causes more dandruff than baby shampoo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts