Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experiences with either of these? Mickey has a large brown round ring that is a Nylabone and he just loves it. Now I am seeing some reviews online that Nylabones can cause issues. If these are not safe any other suggestions of a good hard chewer item? Also I was given a bag of Whimzees and he also loves these but they do not last long of course. Any thoughts on these?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Oliver enjoys Whimzees, and i leave one with him many days when going to work. They chew up pretty fast, so are not a long term kind of treat.

For variety, once in a while he gets a rolled, dried fish skin. Also, while i do not like rawhide recently i bought a bag of pressed rawhide chews inculcated with tooth treatment of some sort (C.E.T.).

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
My dogs enjoy Dentleys stuffed femur bones. They keep them occupied for some time also large himalayan yak bones, with the yak you must take it way when it gets to the point where they can swallow it whole, I then soak it in water microwave it, let it cool an they still have "puffy" to chew up.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Our dogs like buffalo ears and Himalayan yak cheese. We have also used nylabones. The thing with all of these chew treats is to not leave the dog with them unsupervised and to toss them out when they are getting to the point where they are so small they could be swallowed or where smaller sharp pieces are coming off the chew. The only things I leave dogs with are buffalo ears since they always work them down to very small bits before they swallow the last piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts